October Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: October Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Made stock out of the turkey carcass, used up the leftover potatoes, used up three very small onions from the garden, used up some of the carrots from the garden.

I also used up the gravy and the dressing from our Thanksgiving meal.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Over the past week I have used up a few items in the house.

Used up another ball of pink yarn, as well as most of a skein of leftover purple yarn.

Used up all the cookies I baked at Thanksgiving (though we did have the sons help with this).

Used up a bar of bath soap and opened another.

Used up the leftover ham from the fridge freezer.

Used up all the soup.

I am sure there are a few more, but I am having trouble remembering them.
Jackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Made chicken noodle soup over the week-end. After sitting in the fridge overnight the noodles soaked up more broth and they were more like just noodles.. So I removed several cups of noodles to make a casserole and opened a container of broth to make it more soup like. I had half of a jar of mushrooms left over from a different recipe and they went into the casserole. I had previously made hamburger stroganoff so I took a cup of the meat and added green peppers, onion, shredded cheese, and sour cream and made my casserole. Getting a lot of mileage out of some noodles and lb of ground beef. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up a couple of strips of pink fabric making a new belt for my robe.

Used up the frozen turkey in the turkey tetrazzini.

Used up the last carrot in the coleslaw.

Used up a bar of bath soap.
Jackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Today's dinner is homemade tomato bisque (veg, gluten free and soooo good we usually end up drinking mugs of it with breakfast the next morning) and grilled cheese sandwiches (GF).

Not fancy, but I had most of an onion and 3 stalks of celery, some GF bread, and various cheese, all of which needed to be used... tomatoes were in stock. Rather than freeze the veggies for soup later...

We have salad stuff too so I'll probably have soup and a salad instead of a sandwich, I'm not much of a carb person. Bread = universal symbol for NO, LOL.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:42 pm Today's dinner is homemade tomato bisque (veg, gluten free and soooo good we usually end up drinking mugs of it with breakfast the next morning) and grilled cheese sandwiches (GF).

Not fancy, but I had most of an onion and 3 stalks of celery, some GF bread, and various cheese, all of which needed to be used... tomatoes were in stock. Rather than freeze the veggies for soup later...

We have salad stuff too so I'll probably have soup and a salad instead of a sandwich, I'm not much of a carb person. Bread = universal symbol for NO, LOL.
Sandi I am gluten free and have been looking fora good recipe for tomato soup to go with my gf grilled cheese sandwiches. Is there a chance you can find the time to post your tomato bisque recipe? Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama