October Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
2dogs+someCats

Re: October Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

I have been taking it a little easier on myself the last couple weeks, buying a bit more in terms of "convenience" foods (on sale - with coupons) because time is not my friend, I am exhausted after work and I just want to relax on the days I don't work.

So picked up some protein bars and shake mix, actually purchased a loaf of bread (instead of baking it), that kind of thing. Has made life a bit easier although a bit more expensive.

I used up a jar of homemade chili sauce that my mom made - boy is that good! I had it with everything from potato chips to toast and even with home fries. I will return her jar and ask for another one. :-)
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Janet last month my dog club had a "swap meet" where everyone brought dog-related items they did not want/need. We organized them all on 3 sets of tables and everyone just browsed and took what they wanted. The leftovers are going to a rescue group or thrift store. It was a lot of fun and I was amazed at the stuff people brought in to give away. I got several books I had been wanting tor read.

Today I gave black & orange squares felt to a friend to do Halloween crafts with her son's girlfriend's kids. I had pulled them out but was unlikely to have time to do anything myself.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

dlrcpa wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:13 pm Janet last month my dog club had a "swap meet" where everyone brought dog-related items they did not want/need. We organized them all on 3 sets of tables and everyone just browsed and took what they wanted. The leftovers are going to a rescue group or thrift store. It was a lot of fun and I was amazed at the stuff people brought in to give away. I got several books I had been wanting tor read.

Today I gave black & orange squares felt to a friend to do Halloween crafts with her son's girlfriend's kids. I had pulled them out but was unlikely to have time to do anything myself.
That is a great idea with the "swap meet." Little by little I have given Allie's things to my caregiver dogs.. Still have a few odds and ends that I am going to donate to a local shelter. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Today we used up the leftover meatloaf, the leftover peas, leftover potatoes, and the last of a jar of yeast.

I used up another small leftover skein of yarn as well and the leftover soup for my lunch today.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I've been pretty good at recycling elastic from worn clothes. Also the sock elastic makes great pony tail holders. Been using up freezer food and about to restock. Used up old mayonnaise as hair conditioner.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I bought some zucchini to make my brother a cake for his birthday. There was about 1/2 c of shredded zuc left so I used a little bit of leftover onion from the fridge and made "hash browns." It was tasty but a bit soggy since I had to use butter. I think bacon fat would have made it more crispy. Used the last 1/2 of one sausage patty in my scrambled egg this morning.

Boiled 8 eggs to make deviled eggs.

Used the last of a small carton of 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama