October Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

October Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Time to pull up my socks once again. Not that there has been a great deal of waste around here, but there has been some. I need this challenge to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Anyone care to join in?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Re: October Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am in. I have been good about using up food items and really down to very little in frozen foods.

I plan on digging out old unfinished crocheting as projects for Fall and winter. Also going through my very extensive library and donating books that I know I will no longer read or enjoy. One of my nephews has requested that when I get rid of my books that he would like to take a look at them since he and his SO are building a library in their home.. Glad that he wants to take a look at them. We are both history buff's and have similar interest. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

I plan to continue to declutter this month. I added a magazine to the thrift store bag. I hope I have enough gathered for a donation in a couple of weeks. I am not planning to get ríd of much more but I am looking back at ítems to make sure that I really want to keep them. Also I am continuing to buy ítems for gifts but very few for us or our home.
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

I added two more things to the thrift store bag. I plan to work on another area in the house tomorrow so hopefully I will find more ítems to add. I used the last of a cut onion making dinner tonight. I have pulled frozen leftovers for lunch and dinner tomorrow.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

It was leftovers for supper last night. This used up some of the rice, the ribs, the salad, and the leftover chicken spaghetti casserole. The fridge is looking a great deal cleaner.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Cooking my last whole chicken in my crock pot. Have used up almost all of the protein in my fridge freezer. A few bags of veggies left. I will wash it out later on and start over with fresh frozen things Cleaned out the fridge veggies and fruit drawers and plan on restocking with sales as they come up. Used 3 dozen eggs in various dishes. I bought about 6 doz eggs a while back for between .39 cent to .59 cents a doz. the ketogenic diet uses a lot of eggs so it has been a big savings to get them on sale. Used several pounds of cheese in various dishes as well.

Sorting through clothes as well. My former caregiver has an adult daughter in a group home and I give them clothing that I no longer need or want. A while back my SIL cleaned out her closet and I went through and took out what I liked then let my current caregiver go through them for herself and her DD and DGD. The remains were given to my former caregiver. She said the "girls" at the group home had so much fun going through the clothes.. So glad so many people benefited from passing them on. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama