Observing October No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Observing October No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:55 am Made a ketogenic German chocolate cake for my brother for his 71st birthday. I had most of the ingredients in the house in the freezer and pantry and only had to buy some pecans. Except for the pecans which cost 10.00 a lb the cake was very inexpensive. I gave him some beautiful Fall candles that will look lovely on the mantle of his new house. I had bought two sets for myself and after receiving them thought they were too much for my mantle so have kept them for years in a box for "someday" when I use up the ones I currently have. Anyway he loved them and his birthday was very nice and very inexpensive. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have spent some money on fresh produce and have decided I need to just work with what I have in the house.. Went over my budget and things are really going to be tight until after the first of the year when I will have to make the final payment on my property taxes. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

No Spend: 6

Spend: 0

Allowable Spend: 2

Now I am all caught up until today. Still keeping on track for total no spend days this month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Happychoice

Post by Happychoice »

It's the 9th today and so far this month I've had two spend days, one was a big shop for groceries and the other I spent $20 on a theraputic gel mask. This was unplanned but recommended by the optometrist to treat an ongoing dry eye issue.

Depending on the price per litre, I plan to either fill the tank or just a small addition at a lower priced station today.

2 planned spend
1 unplanned
6 no spend
Happiness is a choice!
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

I did spend money today, but they were planned spends. I added gas to my car and did two loads of laundry at the laundry mat. Other than the 1st (grocery shopping), I have not spent any more money until today. I did not go grocery shopping last weekend- trying to use up some food from the stock I have at home.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Went over my budget recently and have to make some changes. Today I put my satellite TV on "pause". I will still pay them $ 5.00 a month..This will save me about $45.00 a month. Pause is where you still maintain the box in your home but do not receive your local stations or any of the other premium stations. However Dish does give free programming on a rotation basis to try to give you an enticement to purchase them..I do have an air antennae for receiving my local stations through the airwaves.. I taped quite a few programs before I called and pulled the plug.. Also my cell phone has started to work so I will be canceling my landline long distance plan. Staying in budget and even cutting it more.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama