No Spend November

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: No Spend November

Post by Dgflorida »

I have 6 no spend days. I may not make my goal this month due to unplanned Hubs visit to the ER and resulting doctor visits. But I am still trying.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Spend: 1

No Spend: 12

Allowable: 4

The only reason I have added a spend day is because we had to buy bottled water. Hopefully now that the water main is repaired the testing goes quickly and we can resume drinking city water. Seems such a waste to have to buy water to drink.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 am I have 6 no spend days. I may not make my goal this month due to unplanned Hubs visit to the ER and resulting doctor visits. But I am still trying.
DgFlorida I think that is the whole idea of being frugal. We set goals and do not always meet them however to me it is still better than not even trying.. Keep trying..

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

No spending today or tomorrow.. We are having bad weather with rain and high winds off and on. I might have to spend something on my doggie nephew on Monday or Tuesday He is a little Shih Tzu and we keep his fur short since it can be a mess if you let it grow too long. Anyway with the colder weather he is shaking a bit when he goes out. I need to buy him a little sweater to wear. He has a whole wardrobe of clothes in Texas. We really did not anticipation him staying here this long and it was warm weather when he came. I have some cute knit fabric to make him something and yarn to knit with but no time to do that now. Besides he is going to need a few more things beside one little sweater..I had planned on going today but with the high winds off and on they are advising we stay off off of the roads. I am hoping to find something on sale at Petco or Pet Smart on Monday. I figure the stores and traffic will be worse tomorrow with the bad weather today and the last Sunday before Thanksgiving.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

Janet, I am glad you have a fur baby to keep you company. I have my four (2 cats and 2 rabbits) and they are a great source of company since my kiddos are grown and live in other states. I do have a roommate that hangs out with me when he is not busy with his own thing(s), but it is nice to have fur babies too.

Still doing well and staying within budget. I will go to the store tomorrow and pick up a couple of loss leader items and to the Dollar store to see about some containers to freeze meals in to use us some of the leftovers from Thanksgiving. I have $28.00 to stay within grocery budget for the month, but I do have the money I budgeted for both a stock up for the winter and a little extra for Thanksgiving dinner items if needed. I also did not have to put gas in my car for the upcoming week, so money saved there too and can be used for other things.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thanks Janet for the support. I have 8 days no spend and I hope today will make 9. If things go as planned, I may make my 15. Or I will be close. Hubs just needs to stay out of the ER.