No Spend November

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
dlrcpa

Re: No Spend November

Post by dlrcpa »

Sandi you can subsitute powdered milk & water for evaporated. 1C dry milk + 1 1/4 C water approximately = 1 12 oz can evaporated milk. I have done this before and do not notice a difference. Put this info with your pie recipe.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

dlrcpa wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:58 pm Sandi you can subsitute powdered milk & water for evaporated. 1C dry milk + 1 1/4 C water approximately = 1 12 oz can evaporated milk. I have done this before and do not notice a difference. Put this info with your pie recipe.
Thank you! That's an interesting thing to know. I don't have powdered milk but I'm wondering if it might behoove me to get some, stick it in something airtight, and freeze it.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Spend: 1

No Spend: 19

Allowable: 5

Getting really close to my goal. I am hoping to exceed that though. Things need to come together just perfectly in order to do so. Two days of no spending to meet my goal and three days to exceed my goal. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Spend: 1

No Spend: 22

Allowable: 5

I have said today will be a no spend day because I do not intend to leave the house other than for my walk. This means no spending.

I met my goal (exceeded it by a bit) and hope to add more no spend days to this. Well two more at least.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

If I can avoid spending the next 2 days, I will have met my goal of 15. So I will stay home today and not spend.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have had some unexpected needs but feel like things went ok but it could be better in December. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama