No Spend November

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: No Spend November

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Spend: 0

No Spend: 10

Allowable: 3

Tomorrow should be a no spend day, and Wednesday an allowable spend. I hope to string together more no spend days the rest of the week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

I agree that sometimes you do have to spend money to save money.

I spent money over the weekend. RM and I went to the festival on Friday and had a great time. I did not spend as much money as I had anticipated, but it was not cheap either. Saturday I went grocery shopping. It was a stock up for the winter trip, but I did get some great deals- turkey was .59 lb; boneless skinless chicken breast $1.69 lb. and chicken legs (large family pack-9 huge legs) was $2.60 for the whole pkg. Again I did not spend as much as I anticipated. I still have $28.00 left from this month’s food budget along with the money set aside for the stock up and money for Thanksgiving dinner. I will need a couple of pkgs. Of Polish sausage to use in Turkey Gumbo, and maybe salad items before the end of the month, but that is it. I have everything I need to make the Thanksgiving dinner, and there will be tons of left-overs afterwards.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Spend: 0

No Spend: 11

Allowable: 3

Getting ever closer to my goal for the month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

No spend today. Went over my budget again! I should be ok getting my property taxes caught up and paid off by Feb. Will have to pay a penalty for being late but at least I will be able to pay them and still have money leftover in the budget.. so that is good news. I feel like I am back on track with my budget so all is going well here..

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

6 out of 15. 40%. Maybe there's hope for the month after all.

DH had free food (company holiday meal) at lunch and he and the kids all had free food at dinner (a robotics league party) so today was the lowest of the consumption days in a long time. Left to my own devices I don't eat much :lol:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Doing well. Staying in budget.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama