No Waste and Recycle November

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
2dogs+someCats

Re: No Waste and Recycle November

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

I used up all of the leftover mac & cheese from Thanksgiving that my mom sent home with me.

I saved some door "holder things" from my old refrigerator door and am using them to organize things in my big food cupboard - they work great!

I saved a piece of glass shelving from my old refrigerator. I got out some photos and displayed them on an extra little coffee table that I've had for forever and covered with the glass so they stay in place. I rather like it.

My neighbor (the one who is moving) came over last night and looked through my garage for things he needs. He is taking a set of plastic shelves, a small round outdoor table and 4 chairs (all plastic), an 8-gallon plastic pail...I think that is about it. Those things would have all gone to the curb so I'm happy he can use them. He mentioned he needed curtains and I need to see what I have left over after I hang curtains upstairs (I never go up there but want to get curtains up before winter). Hopefully he will find something he can use.

There are still things in the garage that I need to give away or sell - but it is nice and tidy finally.

I used a free sample of dish washing soap when doing the dishes this morning.

I broke out my jar of "emergency instant coffee" as I am out of the ground kind and haven't taken time yet to find a deal good enough for me to buy more. It works just fine.

I have some (free to me) magazines set asked that I have read and will pass them on to my mom.

I found a big plastic bag of brand new fleece (purchased a couple years ago by ex to make blankets as gifts and never used). I am going to turn it into blankets that I very much need. I am down to 2 blankets and they are both currently hung to dry - I covered up with FIVE sheets and my bathrobe last night!

Also found a roll of Christmas wrapping paper in the garage. Between that and creative use of other items, I won't need to purchase any gift wrap, bags, tags, tape, ribbon, etc.

We are having a "wreath decorating contest" at work. I have a big metal wreath here that I've not ever done anything with so taking that in so my boss and I can turn it into our masterpiece. :-) We are determined to do a whole big Christmas wreath without spending one cent.

I consolidated the many small bags of cat food brought over by my neighbor who is moving and added them to my large bag that was about half full. I am saving the empty bags to use as trash can liners in my bathroom.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:55 am I used up all of the leftover mac & cheese from Thanksgiving that my mom sent home with me.

I saved some door "holder things" from my old refrigerator door and am using them to organize things in my big food cupboard - they work great!

I saved a piece of glass shelving from my old refrigerator. I got out some photos and displayed them on an extra little coffee table that I've had for forever and covered with the glass so they stay in place. I rather like it.

My neighbor (the one who is moving) came over last night and looked through my garage for things he needs. He is taking a set of plastic shelves, a small round outdoor table and 4 chairs (all plastic), an 8-gallon plastic pail...I think that is about it. Those things would have all gone to the curb so I'm happy he can use them. He mentioned he needed curtains and I need to see what I have left over after I hang curtains upstairs (I never go up there but want to get curtains up before winter). Hopefully he will find something he can use.

There are still things in the garage that I need to give away or sell - but it is nice and tidy finally.

I used a free sample of dish washing soap when doing the dishes this morning.

I broke out my jar of "emergency instant coffee" as I am out of the ground kind and haven't taken time yet to find a deal good enough for me to buy more. It works just fine.

I have some (free to me) magazines set asked that I have read and will pass them on to my mom.

I found a big plastic bag of brand new fleece (purchased a couple years ago by ex to make blankets as gifts and never used). I am going to turn it into blankets that I very much need. I am down to 2 blankets and they are both currently hung to dry - I covered up with FIVE sheets and my bathrobe last night!

Also found a roll of Christmas wrapping paper in the garage. Between that and creative use of other items, I won't need to purchase any gift wrap, bags, tags, tape, ribbon, etc.

We are having a "wreath decorating contest" at work. I have a big metal wreath here that I've not ever done anything with so taking that in so my boss and I can turn it into our masterpiece. :-) We are determined to do a whole big Christmas wreath without spending one cent.

I consolidated the many small bags of cat food brought over by my neighbor who is moving and added them to my large bag that was about half full. I am saving the empty bags to use as trash can liners in my bathroom.
Fleece blankets will be nice and warm. I am glad that you found that bag of fleece and can use it for something as wonderful as nice warm blankets.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up a couple of scented candles.

Used up the remaining noodles for my lunch yesterday.

Used up the last of a carton of eggs at supper yesterday.

Used up another skein of mint green yarn.

Recycled some old flannel pj's into the material I am using to make the rice bags and hand warmers.

The buttons from those same pj's now reside in my button jar.
Jackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am being very frugal with food. I used the mashed potatoes from my Thanksgiving doggie bag to make potato pancakes. I added the little bit of leftover onion and shredded cheese from making tacos to the mashed potatoes added an egg to make three nice pancakes. Had two for dinner and one with my breakfast. Made soup from the chicken in the fridge and turkey bones and scraps of meat brought home from my Thanksgiving dinner. Added the green beans and corn from my doggie bag and leftover green beans saved in the freezer. I have used a lot of other things just forget what. I do enjoy reading how others are doing in this thread keeps me inspired.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up a couple of pens from the pen collection.

Hubby used up his tube of toothpaste.

Used up the meatballs for our supper today.

Used up 4 remnants of knit fabric making some infinity scarves to give as gifts.

Recycled an old flannel sheet into the backing for the quilt of many colours.
Jackie