No Waste and Recycle November

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: No Waste and Recycle November

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the leftover chicken tonight for our supper.

Used up some more of those 4" fabric squares.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Used a small container of my homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch yesterday and will be using another one today. Used a container of spaghetti squash with homemade sauce. Saved a small portion of the squash to make a pizza crust..I am experimenting on using less grains in my diet. The last time I used an egg as a binder for the squash and it was ok but tonight going to use either coconut flour or almond flour plus the egg.. It did turn out well the last time.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

Janet, doesn’t it feel great to use up some items either from the freezer or the fridge?
Yesterday I made a Jell-O fruit salad and used up the rest of the can of fruit cocktail that was in the fridge along with adding some fresh apples and grapes.

Tonight, RM and I will use up the rest of the baked beans left over from last night along with the rest of the Jell-o salad. With that we will have Portabella Mushroom caps.

I pulled a container of mac and cheese from the freezer and took that to work of have as lunch today and tomorrow- there may be enough for Friday too, although I hope not. It was super busy today with meetings, so I still have my breakfast and snacks, along with a serving of the Jell-O salad to use tomorrow. The only thing I need to pack is my water and eating utensils.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Momof2 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:50 pm Janet, doesn’t it feel great to use up some items either from the freezer or the fridge?
Yesterday I made a Jell-O fruit salad and used up the rest of the can of fruit cocktail that was in the fridge along with adding some fresh apples and grapes.

Tonight, RM and I will use up the rest of the baked beans left over from last night along with the rest of the Jell-o salad. With that we will have Portabella Mushroom caps.

I pulled a container of mac and cheese from the freezer and took that to work of have as lunch today and tomorrow- there may be enough for Friday too, although I hope not. It was super busy today with meetings, so I still have my breakfast and snacks, along with a serving of the Jell-O salad to use tomorrow. The only thing I need to pack is my water and eating utensils.
Momof2..I love using things up. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am phasing grains out of my diet. I am gluten intolerant so had switched to a lot of gluten free flours and bread but they are not compatible with being a diabetic.. They are very high glycemic. I used the last three slices of my store bought gluten free bread and made french toast. However had some of the egg/milk dip leftover so I cut half of half of a gluten free hamburger bun in half and made french toast for tomorrow and used up the last of the french toast dip. Cut another half of a half of a gf hamburger bun in half and used them for my hot dogs this afternoon. I used my electric knife to cut them long ways and it is like having two slices of bread. Dinner I fried a pound of pork sausage and used one of the patties for dinner with a couple of hash browns from the freezer. Potatoes are also being phased out. I also cooked some of the pork sausage into crumbles to make sausage gravy in the near future. All of this is high in calories and carbs but I do not want to waste things so I am using them up now so I can get into the low carb phase faster. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

I had 7 small potatoes and some celery that had to be used up so I diced them and made a soup, adding water, unsweetened almond milk, corn starch, a can of creamed corn, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and a couple of bay leaves. It turned out good and I had it for 3 meals.

I have a container of beans & rice pulled from the freezer - thawing in the refrigerator. That will be a meal over the coming weekend.

I will be eating from what is on hand for the next couple of weeks. My grocery list consists only of coffee, almond milk, cheese and dog treats.

Over the weekend I want to use up some of my stash of peanut butter making cookies and the last can of pumpkin (purchased several quite a few months ago at DG for .25 cents a can) making pumpkin bread.