No Waste and Recycle November

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
2dogs+someCats

Re: No Waste and Recycle November

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

I got 4 lunches out of a box of pasta and can of diced tomatoes this week. Used up some of my celery in that as well.

Cut up a very ratty old bath towel for cleaning rags.

It's that time of year when I start feeding the stray cats who migrate to my cellar (via going under the front porch and down a rock wall). I am using a plastic mixing bowl that my mom gave me and the dog chewed for their water. The bowl is a mess after the dog having got hold of it - but it holds water.

Melted down some small bits of old candles in my wax warmer. Hard to tell what it smells like because it's a mixture of scents - but it smells nice.

Froze some leftover coffee in an ice cube tray - will use in a cake recipe I have that calls for cold coffee.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Someone gave me some frozen hamburger buns, 2 packs so I made some homemade dressing with it. had all the ingredients at home. turned out good.

tossed no food this week. doing well with food management. also got a free can of pigeon peas so I made some rice and beans and used the recipe on the can. very nice and will be using that as a side dish tonight with chicken. cj
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Used the last of my cottage cheese for breakfast. Finished the last of my bacon. Used the last of the sliced ham from the freezer in a sandwich as well as for a snack. Also used up a block of cheddar cheese.

Used the last of a bottle of laundry detergent. Rinsed it out to do a small load of dedicates. Amazing how much you can rinse off of the cup and outside of the bottle...enough to do a small load.I try to do a full load but some things just never can accumulate that much.Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

A few use it ups since the last time I posted.

Used up a couple of scented candles.

Used up a skein of mint green yarn. Working on using more up.

Used up an onion.

Used up the leftover rice.

Used up most of the Spicy Moroccan Lentil Soup (finishing what's left for my lunches).

Used up a bag of oriental veggies, and the smaller bag of frozen leftover pork roast making a stir fry.

Recycling those 4" fabric squares into a quilt (I have actually used up quite a few of them.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

Last Thursday night we had French toast for dinner using up the rest of the bread outlet bread along with used a couple of potatoes to make Fried Potatoes. We also used up the rest of the opened pkg. of sausage links.

RM stopped at a Fresh Market on the way home from the festival for me to check out. While I did love the store, it is a little expensive to shop there very often. I picked up 3 croissant rolls. I used 2 to make out dinner- breakfast sandwiches (we had a late lunch and just needed a quick and not too large dinner).

Saturday I made Pizza for RM. I had a slice and I also ate the left-over French toast. RM made smoothies to go along with our dinner.

Sunday we had Beef and Broccoli; Rice; and Egg Rolls. I did waste some milk. I almost used it in making yogurt, but it tasted off and I did not want to take a chance on getting sick. I did use a container of yogurt (single serving) as a starter for the batch of yogurt I did make.

Monday I took used the cooked beans and the left-over rice and added cornbread for dinner. We also had some guacamole and chips.

I bought a huge turkey (20 lbs.) along with a couple of family packs of chicken (boneless, skinless breasts and chicken legs) so I needed to make room for in the freezer. I removed a couple of frozen meals that I took as lunch yesterday and today. I made Pumpkin Bread from a pkg. of pumpkin removed from the freezer.

Other than the 4 cups of milk I wasted, that was all to the food waste to date.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Momof2 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 pm Last Thursday night we had French toast for dinner using up the rest of the bread outlet bread along with used a couple of potatoes to make Fried Potatoes. We also used up the rest of the opened pkg. of sausage links.

RM stopped at a Fresh Market on the way home from the festival for me to check out. While I did love the store, it is a little expensive to shop there very often. I picked up 3 croissant rolls. I used 2 to make out dinner- breakfast sandwiches (we had a late lunch and just needed a quick and not too large dinner).

Saturday I made Pizza for RM. I had a slice and I also ate the left-over French toast. RM made smoothies to go along with our dinner.

Sunday we had Beef and Broccoli; Rice; and Egg Rolls. I did waste some milk. I almost used it in making yogurt, but it tasted off and I did not want to take a chance on getting sick. I did use a container of yogurt (single serving) as a starter for the batch of yogurt I did make.

Monday I took used the cooked beans and the left-over rice and added cornbread for dinner. We also had some guacamole and chips.

I bought a huge turkey (20 lbs.) along with a couple of family packs of chicken (boneless, skinless breasts and chicken legs) so I needed to make room for in the freezer. I removed a couple of frozen meals that I took as lunch yesterday and today. I made Pumpkin Bread from a pkg. of pumpkin removed from the freezer.

Other than the 4 cups of milk I wasted, that was all to the food waste to date.
Looks like you did great in using up your food. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama