Low Spend/No Spend December

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Low Spend/No Spend December

Post by alliesmama4 »

Doing well and staying under budget.. Trying to make use of things in the house in the way of food for myself and doggie nephew..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

2 no spend days out of 8. 25%

Today I cancelled the auto renew on Prime. DH can get it half price as a student. I'll put off signing him up, though, unless he needs to be a member to rent textbooks.

That bears investigation! I hope we can avoid rejoining for a while.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Hooray, another no spend day and maybe a couple more this weekend.

No spend-2
Spend-6

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I'm now going to Karnac - I'll be at 20% by tomorrow night. Today we must acquire Delsym or its equivalent for children who have coughs, and tomorrow I have to fill in some staples. Why not tonight? Because Delsym is sort of an emergency thing (kids are not resting well with the hacking) and it's too honking COLD to go out, so DH the Colorado ski-town born will get the Delsym and I'll go out tomorrow when it's sunny and 60 and not get chilled :D .

2 out of 10 by 12/10 p.m. Bummer!

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Another no spend day.

no spend-3
spend-6

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I did some household and grocery shopping yesterday. I had 4.00 in coupons for Dollar General. I now have a minor stock up of Dawn dish liquid and laundry detergent. I should be good in those areas until mid summer. Went to a grocery store in the same area and they had a lot of discounted foods and saved 9.00 there. I bought a very late lunch at KFC since I had not eaten since breakfast and it was 3:30 PM..I used some of my survey money to pay for the meal so I was still frugal. The combination of budgeted money and survey money allowed me to do some very frugal grocery shopping.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama