No Waste and Recycle December

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: No Waste and Recycle December

Post by Jackielou »

Finally used up a small tube of hand lotion (one I got in a gift package from one of the children years ago).

Used up that ham bone making stock for my split pea soup.

Used up the last bag of leftover turkey making a curry for supper.

Recycled some cardboard tubes into holders for the Christmas lights we are not using this year.

Used up the last package of small all beef sausages making supper tonight. There is enough casserole to have for supper on Sat.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Recycled and saved shower water. Recycled hubs old socks to my night socks. Bottoms are still good. Elastic is gone. My sock bottoms wear out and the elastic is good. Feels like a Jack Sprat moment.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:27 am Recycled and saved shower water. Recycled hubs old socks to my night socks. Bottoms are still good. Elastic is gone. My sock bottoms wear out and the elastic is good. Feels like a Jack Sprat moment.
I am hard on socks in the foot area. I repair them and repair them, then when no longer repairable I cut the top off and use them for glasses of cold drinks in the summer. When the weather is hot the cold drinks sweat and this prevents the water from making the glass slippery or leaving a ring on a table top. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

That is a good idea Janet. Hubs like his water cold and his sippy glass does sweat. It is a funny shape though, so I will have to experiment to get one that fits well. He uses a sippy glass with straw because his hands are unstable.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 am That is a good idea Janet. Hubs like his water cold and his sippy glass does sweat. It is a funny shape though, so I will have to experiment to get one that fits well. He uses a sippy glass with straw because his hands are unstable.
It is amazing with sock tops. Some of them do not look like they will work because they seem too small but they stretch nicely to fit some glasses.. So even if they do not look like they will work give them a try.. At first my SIL thought I was being too frugal but after drinking some iced tea here one day with a sock on her glass she asked me to make her some the next time I have worn out socks. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Used the last of a jug of detergent after rinsing and washing out the bottle doing a small load of undies.

Finished the last of the egg salad and a small dish of sauerkraut and kielbasa. Today finished cooking the last of a roll of sausage. Will have it for breakfast today and tomorrow.

Used the last of a small sample of hand lotion.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama