No Waste and Recycle December

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: No Waste and Recycle December

Post by Dgflorida »

Saved a good garbage can from the neighbor's trash. Will recycle it either to holding sticks on recycle day or a deep garden pot.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up a package of frozen roast beef.

Used up a bar of bath soap.

Used up a small package of dental floss.

Used up the stuffed chicken breasts made previously and made some more.

Used up 3 partial notebooks when making my daily and monthly calendar for next year.

Used up another skein of green yarn making the baby blanket.

Recycled an old zipper I removed from an old garment into a newer garment.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Have been munching through some leftovers. Have de-boned a cooked chicken and have the skin and bones in the crock pot to make broth for chicken soup. Will dice some of the chicken up to freeze to use later making chicken tetrazini. the rest will be made in to sliced chicken for another sandwich. Some of the smaller bits will be made in to chicken salad and some in the chicken soup. Doggie nephew does get little bites of the chicken with rice as one of his meals. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I managed to use up another partial hand lotion.

Used up a package of frozen turkey (of course there are leftovers which will be used up tomorrow).

Used up the cut up cheddar and the leftover salad for my lunch today.

Used up the remains of an onion.

Used up the leftover chili.

Used up two loaves of bread.

Probably more that I can't remember over the past week, but as you all can see it has been a week of getting the fridge cleaned out for Christmas and after Christmas.

I don't think we will go hungry that is for sure.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Used up a dozen eggs. Used the last 5 to make scrambled eggs for supper 2x last week. Used up a free, sample size bottle of hand lotion. A tube of toothpaste seemed to be used up but after cutting it open I see a couple more days worth that I paid for!

Since I am leaving the water dripping in my kitchen sink to ward of any chance of pipes freezing, I have my big stock pot under the faucet to catch the drips. Have been using this water for cooking, to make coffee and for the dogs.