No Spending for a Year?

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
icfrugal1

Re: No Spending for a Year?

Post by icfrugal1 »

Dgflorida wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:07 am I look forward to reading about this. I want to cheer you all on, but I will be spending this year. Still I hope to learn some new ways of getting by with less. Good luck.
Good grief woman, you are almost "melting" free sand to make glass with everything thing that you are doing for you house. :lol:

Talk about re purposing,

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

RedRobin wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:07 pm Hi Alliesmama, I'm with you. I had 4 "unusuals" this year. Including the last minute New furnace. Those have already been spent, but need to be paid for next year and beyond, so your plan and everyone's ideas will help.
Thanks for starting this.
2017 had a lot of unplanned for expenses, the chair lift for the stairs and the ramp, so DH could got into the house. :lol:

Extra Dr visits, Hosp costs, misc, walkers ect. (about $1,600.00)

Thankfully we had the money, very thankful.

IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good afternoon. This is day 10 and I have not bought any food or medication for myself of doggie nephew.. I have paid my bills in my budget at the expected range. Doing well so far.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

Janet, you are doing a great job. I have only spent $4.00 for groceries so far.Most of my allowed (and must spends) have been under budget. I also have wasted less so far this year, although I do not waste a large amount anyway.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

On Day 11 I have paid all my bills in my budget, I allot $100.00 a month for buying something for the house and I did spend $60.00 on a slow cooker, which I believe will save me that much in electricity this year if I will use it for cooking my meals in and baking breads/muffins. It steams as well,and I eat so many of my veggies steamed. This way I will be using an appliance that operates on 110vs220.

With being gone so much in December and part of January my utility bills came in lower than budget. I will be anxious to see what goes into savings at the end of the month if I can stay under budget. Next week I start my decluttering spree.
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

I am happy with my no-spend goals so far this year. I haven't posted the last few days. It has been a busy time at work getting this new semester going, but it seems to be calming down now. I have not spent any money the last two weeks other than gas money. I will have to pick up cat food and litter this weekend along with a few fresh veggies. I have skipped grocery shopping the last two weeks which is an area I really wanted to work on.

I have had some waste- bummer. I had a package of tomatoes go bad, and I tried a new recipe and I think my beans were too old and took too long to get soft. Combine that with it being a new recipe and I was not thrilled with the seasoning, so I threw the left-overs out. I have used up some items that I normally do not eat, such as a can of pasta with meatballs. Since my bean recipe was a fail I did not have left-overs to take for lunch so instead of pulling a container of left-overs out of the freezer, I decided to eat the canned pasta. At least it is gone now. I am glad so many are having success with this goal to date. I hope we keep up the good work.