Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:42 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:21 am
gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 am

Janet,
I don't know either, I just keep trying. I do know that Substitute teaching makes me sooo tired some days that I refuse to go shopping because I don't want to see anymore people that day. Thanks.
Gayle my current aide is a retired teacher and a lot of people told her she could make more money with less physical activity but she said there is no way she would sub. She said the kids are horrible and it is a lot of stress that she does not want to deal with. Again I do not know how you manage all the you do.. Janet Alliesmama
I Sub because I feel like I need to be there, not just for the teachers but also for the students who need a steady influence. The middle school students know what to expect from me, and the HS students are learning. Besides, I can do this!! Funny though 20+ years ago, teaching terrified me, but not so now... maybe because I’m older and grumpy. 😉
Good for you.. Kids now a days do need guidance and a steady influence. Have a safe trip and enjoy your little mini vacation at the shower. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Thanks Janet.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Now that I have done it for awhile I find subbing fun. It never ceases to amaze me what kids think they can slip by me and get away with. Sometimes they come up with things that actually sound plausible and other times they come up with the most outrageous things. Once they know I am on to them they try to tell me their regular para lets them do such and such (more outrageous stuff) or they tell me they wish their regular person was there because she lets them do more LOL! I find it all very amusing.

On the other hand there are usually a few in each class or on the playground that sincerely want to help and I do appreciate that.

Bev
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We had monsoon rain last night but the sun is up. It is suppose to warm up to close to 70 F today. I have my furnace running for one cycle and then I will turn it off. It was 61 inside this morning.

I received my Dec SS deposit yesterday. I cannot use it until Dec 3rd but the good news is that they did not take out for my Medicare B premium yet. So I should be able to pay the last of my property taxes and then start out on 2019 with my new budget. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Money! I live for the 3rd when I receive my Soc Security and by the end of the day most of the money has gone towards bills and set aside for future bills this month.

I am winding down on the delivery of the things I ordered on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I have one more order from Bob's Red Mill tomorrow and then no more internet shopping. I will continue to look at local grocery store ads for things that might be of use in the future but only if on sale and at a really good bargain. Yesterday I went to Save-A-Lot to take advantage of their .49 cents a pound fresh chicken thighs. I bought 10 lbs so that should last me for quite a few meals. I need to wrap them in portions size in freezer paper or put in to freezer containers. I gassed up my car yesterday while in town. It was 2.24 a gal.. woo hoo. I came in under budget for the month on auto gas. Wish I could say the same about my water and telephone bills. However the usage of both was necessary. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Not much going on here. I did receive the last of my Cyber Monday order from Bob's Red Mill.. All of the items I have been ordering has been food at a nice discount.

I have made $12.00 cash from some surveys this month and have $2.00 in Rewards from a local grocery store chain. I am saving the money for 2019 grocery buying. Working towards gift cards for Walmart and Amazon. I really am not thrilled with the Amazon gift cards for food. I do not like the prices and you sometimes need to purchase a large quantity of something that I do not need or want. I receive the gift cards from BING so I plan on saving them up to maybe use for buying solar Mole Movers. I have an acre and a half yard and I think every mole in my county has taken up residence up in my yard.

We are barreling down to the end of 2018 in a few weeks. I have been working on my budget and I did receive my letter regarding a 2.8% increase however no mention of the Medicare B premium being taken out. So I need to contact Medicaid to see what is going on then contact Social Security.. I do not want the premium not being paid and I loose my benefits due to a clerical error sitting on someone's desk or in their computer. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama