Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

So far this year I have only spent money for things in my budget. However my water bill for Dec 2017 did exceed my budget by about $2.00 and change. I think I can cut back on water and balance the budget this month.

I am making do with food in the house for myself and doggie nephew.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

Janet, I hope your water bill is better next cycle. It is like taking one step forward and two steps back sometimes isn't it? I hope you have a wonderful and frugal day.
RedRobin

Post by RedRobin »

A no spend day since that snow storm hitting the east coast caused my company to close, so I didn't't even use gas. Eating what's stocked up or leftover. Keeping warm with sweatshirts and blankets rather than turning up the heat. Crocheting a baby Afghan I need as a gift with free yarn and a free pattern from the internet.
RedRobin
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Momof2 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:06 am Janet, I hope your water bill is better next cycle. It is like taking one step forward and two steps back sometimes isn't it? I hope you have a wonderful and frugal day.
Momof2 Thanks for the encouragement. I know where I went wrong with excessive extra laundry and running of my dishwasher.. The fact that my dishwasher is not working now will help...lol. Janet Alliemama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Doing well with the no spend challenge..Making do with the food in the house and watching how much laundry I do.. I am making sure I have full loads before doing laundry. I turn the thermostat down to( 61 F) to (60 F ) at night and turn it up gradually in the AM. When I first get up I am still somewhat warm from being in bed so boost the thermostat to ( 65 F ).. Then as the day goes on will boost to (67 F) or( 68F ) tops..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
RedRobin

Post by RedRobin »

Yesterday, besides using up more gas to get to work and eating cereal from my stash, the only out of pocket spend was a gallon of milk, $2.99, at Walgreen s. DH just told me this morning that he ordered one of his meds, so I should find out the co-pay in a few days.

Today and tomorrow should be stay at home days, too cold to go out. So, not much opportunity to spend. We will be eating leftovers or free food from my work this weekend and I will, possibly bake some soda bread but also prepare enough meals for the week for me to take to work and DH to eat during the day. Trying to stay out of the store.