Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck Gayle on your 15 no spend days.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I had 35.00 worth of gift cards for Amazon earned on various survey sites. I ordered some food items and vitamins.I did spend a little more, $10.00, due to my vitamins being an add on but got free shipping. Also bought some supplements on another site. They give you points for purchases and they had a 1/2 off sale for Valentines day. I Saved about $ 50.00 even though I was reordering things but had points that made one bottle of supplements free plus free shipping. Also went on King Arthur Flour to buy sour dough starter and 2 bags of their white whole wheat flour to make sour dough bread and a few other things on sale. Shipping was .29 cents due to Valentines Day They sent me an e-mail that my purchases qualified me for $10.00 coupon towards my next purchase. I really did not spend that much at their site. With the various savings and discounts I saved a lot from my budget.

Went to the DRs office to get my weekly B-12 shot. On the way home we stopped at a Good Will in another town to buy Teddi more sweaters and T-shirts. I bought him a brand new 6 to 9 month Izod sweater vest. It still had the store tag on it. It cost $ 25.00 new at the store but I paid $ 2.50. I also bought him another vest that looks new but no store tag. It was also $2.50 and a T-shirt for $1.50. While there found a lovely comforter for $12.50. Although I spent a lot of money this week I am still under budget due to all of the discounts and sales. Although it was not in my budget I bought The comforter due to having saved so much money this week.. I considered the purchase as money left over in the budget and came from what would have been my slush fund.

I have been reading about sour dough bread being acceptable for people who are gluten intolerant and maybe for some celiacs. I am gluten intolerant. So I am going to give it a try. On one of the gluten free boards a man posted that he can eat Triscuits due to them being made with White whole wheat..so I tried them and I did not have a reaction. So I am going to expand my gluten free diet to include white wheat products..If I can do that it will be better for me due to being diabetic the gluten free flours are very high glycemic and cause problems and they can be very expensive. If I can tolerate the white whole wheat I will use the $10.00 off coupon from King Arthur Flour to buy more flour. It cost $5.00 plus change for each bag of flour.. It will be a real saving. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

There is like, no such thing a s a free pet, man. I went off the books a little, but it served my long term needs. I purchaed nine meals for four to six from schwans for 100 bucks and made that my main grocery shopping deal, at least for the second half of the month. I still need fruit and salad and such but tht makes this month ouch easier. I also purchased crafting needs and a couple other things at the same time.

Last week was my sons birthday, but since I know we will be going out when I go down on the funeral-I'll take said kids out at least once-my son settled for barbecue chicken cornbread, and angel food cake for dessert. I'll take him to the outback or sometime this week for lunch, give him fifty bucks (my birthday gift budget for kis) and call it even. My daughter whose birthday is next week always has an easy to fulfill amazon wish list, but him, just cash!

Other than tht, I am mainly no spend until the first when I head to texas for father in laws memorial. Except for a book for book club-the list is way to long in the library because I waited til the last minute and I am leading the discussion, lol
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck leading the discussion.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Continuing with my February No-spend plans (I want 15 no-spend days):

I did spend on both Friday and Saturday (I was at my knitting retreat on Friday & Saturday and I knew I'd be buying fiber and Yarn), then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (today) were no-spend days.

So thus far:
Spend: 8
No-spend: 12

Ordinarily, I'd be spending the day after Tuesday, but I plan to see just how long I can make the milk & bread last, I'm hoping for Thursday at the least. That would give me Wednesday as another no-spend day this week.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:18 am Good luck Gayle on your 15 no spend days.
Thank you, Dg. I think I can do it. Subbing really helps me, as does school holidays because I feel less inclined to run to the store on those days (like President's Day yesterday, but then the heavy snowfall discouraged me from driving anywhere too).