Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

Today and tomorrow will be no spend days. We are expecting bad weather later on today. So I am hunkering down and cooking and baking.. I do have a lot of food to work with..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 am Today and tomorrow will be no spend days. We are expecting bad weather later on today. So I am hunkering down and cooking and baking.. I do have a lot of food to work with..Janet Alliesmama
Janet, you are a good inspiration for me and I want you to know I appreciate it. I am not motivated to do any additional cooking and baking today - in fact I am not very motivated to get up off my backside - but I may do a few articles or something for $ while I'm sitting here.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:16 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 am Today and tomorrow will be no spend days. We are expecting bad weather later on today. So I am hunkering down and cooking and baking.. I do have a lot of food to work with..Janet Alliesmama
Janet, you are a good inspiration for me and I want you to know I appreciate it. I am not motivated to do any additional cooking and baking today - in fact I am not very motivated to get up off my backside - but I may do a few articles or something for $ while I'm sitting here.
Thanks Sheila. I do things in small increments.I did some cooking yesterday as well. Right now have dish towels in the washing machine and then will start to work on my gf bread.. I work a little and rest a lot..but it eventually gets done. When I was working as a physical therapist assistant part of my job was teaching energy conservation.. some people try to do it all at once to get it over with but I find if I am tired I stop and rest.. sometimes it is only a few minutes and other times it is longer... To me the worst thing is to sit around and do nothing.. I have to have something going ie needle work or some kind of hand activity even while watching TV. You do a lot more than you realize with your home cooking and taking care of your critters. Plus you have a job! You are an inspiration to me.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Hi ladies,
Belated Happy New Year,
LONGTIME lurker with a spending challenge question...
How do you deal with birthdays, holidays and unexpected occasions?
I'm attempting the buy nothing challenge from the minimalist but I have a bunch of birthdays and 2 baby showers and I don't have a crafty bone in my body!
Thanks in advance,wise frugalistas.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

GMPG54 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:53 pm Hi ladies,
Belated Happy New Year,
LONGTIME lurker with a spending challenge question...
How do you deal with birthdays, holidays and unexpected occasions?
I'm attempting the buy nothing challenge from the minimalist but I have a bunch of birthdays and 2 baby showers and I don't have a crafty bone in my body!
Thanks in advance,wise frugalistas.
The" No spend challenge" is your choice.. You can not spend on whatever you think you can manage by making something, repurposing, however you feel you want to do things. My challenge is to not spend on anything that is not food or medication for myself and my doggie nephew. I do have a budget and will try to stay in budget but if I can lower the cost of what is in the budget by being more frugal than that is money saved. I will either bank it or put towards something that is needed but not covered in my budget. I mend a lot of things instead of throwing things away and buying new. Not sure about how to make gifts or give gifts.. Maybe just set a budget and stay within that budget. The challenge is yours.. Maybe the other ladies might have ideas for you..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Happychoice

Post by Happychoice »

Today is the 8th day of the yr and so far I have had to spend only one day and that was to put $30 gas into my car. I was down to a quarter tank and I didn't feel comfortable driving with a low amount during the cold weather.
Happiness is a choice!