Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by Dgflorida »

Happy birthday Janet.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I know what you mean about food sales. It is hard to know if a better deal will come along. It is a struggle for me now and when I get my new freezer, the problem may become worse. :? What I have done to try to manage myself is set upper limits on price. Beef roasts must be $2.99/lb, ground beef $1.99/lb, chicken breasts 99c/lb. onions $1/3 lb bag. Since we are on low carb diets, no pasta or bread, sweets or fruit, so just less to buy.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:10 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:14 pm I had a big birthday bash today. Had to go in to town to run an errand. Bought two Forever stamps 1.00.. yikes the cost of postage is ridiculous. Since I was within a stones throw of all of the fast food places decided to celebrate my birthday.

Arby's...$ 2.16 for 2 roast beef sliders with horsey sauce. After 4:00 PM they are a $1.00 instead of $1.49.. Teddi is allowed to have one without the bun or the horsey sauce. So extra horsey sauce for me for another day. I save the bun and use it the next day to make my version of egg McMuffin..McDonald's share a driveway with Arbys's so drove over and bought 3 chocolate chip cookies $1.08. So Birthday celebration $3.24. Not bad. Although there was a big hold up in the line at McDonald's and I was right by the menu board and was horrified to see their choc chip cookies have 170 calories in each cookie. Yikes! I never realized that.. So off of my radar plus nothing was gluten free.. I will take a couple of generic benadryl and call it a day.Janet Alliesmama.
Janet, I am sorry I didn't realize it was your birthday - happy belated! I am looking forward to my free Dunkin Donuts beverage for my birthday - but it isn't until fall. I hope you and Teddi had a good day out.
Thanks Sheila.. It was nice. My DB and DSIL called from Mexico and sang happy birthday to me and then we talked for a half hour. Then later my niece called from Arizona.. we talked for 2 hours. Poor thing had just come in from a grueling 10 hour flight from Korea.She is really my best friend and we can never get caught up on our conversations. Anyway it was good day.. Janet Alliesmama
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 am Happy birthday Janet.
Thank you Dg.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I did spend money not planned on.With all of the talk about DNA and genealogy I decided to take the plunge. I ordered a DNA kit that is usually $99.00 but on sale until the 28th for $59.00.. So with postage it came to $71.00. I figure I am 73 and not getting any younger..lol. I saved a lot of grocery money this month and combined with my slush fund it was not that far out of my budget. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Well as suspected the 'old' (read: experienced, wise) vet knew what the problem is, so the dog is on meds and may have to periodically be on meds each time this flares up... forever. Good thing we love that mutt :lol: - she's a peanut butter enthusiast so 4 pills a day will be just great as far as she's concerned.

$103 down there... more on a storage unit for some things that can't stay where they are while showing the house, a bit for some wrapping paper... spendy.

I did have an ah-HA moment, because I am SLOW of mind... I have GF bread mixes in the freezer that were on sale months ago... and I need the freezer to eventually be empty. No premade bagels or bread on the list anymore, I'll just keep the bread machine ready to go until all of them are gone.