Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by Dgflorida »

I hope your puppy gets better, Janet.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:23 am I hope your puppy gets better, Janet.
Thank you DG.. Teddi started to perk up late last night and even ate some food which he had been refusing to do.. He is now looking and acting like his old self.. They are a worry since they cannot really tell you what is going on unless you pick up on their body cues. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Today is the last day of March 2018.. I really had to have a talk with myself about being more frugal. I do treat myself to 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee.. When you get to be 73 you can have some luxuries. I was going to get up early and drive into town, a 16 mile round trip, to buy a quart of 1/2 and 1/2 at Aldi's for $1.99..Really Janet? Is that frugal? No but..but. No it is not. So brave me is toughing it out at home with a quart of 2% shelf stable milk from Dollar Tree...cost $1.00. I will live.lol.

Yesterday I had to drive my car to run errands since I had already used my one day a week out of the home with my aide on Tuesday. I was shocked to see gas cost anywhere from $2.50 to $2.70 a gallon. It has been almost a month since the last time I bought gas. Shocking to say the least.Another reason not to waste gas to buy one food item.

I stopped at Ruler to buy eggs.. I was down to about 9 eggs at home. I usually have 3 or 4 dozen..They were marked .71 cents but when I got home saw I was charged .83 cents for each carton. Why is it the one time you do not check the receipt is when they overcharge? Stopped at Petco to buy doggie nephew some fresh dog food in the refrigerator case since he usually loves it and he has not been eating. He did not go for it right away and the first serving had to be tossed due to sitting out too long. However around 11:00 PM he was perking up and ate another fresh severing. I have been cooking his food at home but feel like for proper nutrition I am going to work the 35.00 per month in to the budget. Better that he eats well and not get sick.. no vet bills. So April will be a tight month working the budget more to cut costs in some areas to spend in others.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

On Wednesday, March 28, I had a no spend day. Amazing. I am thrilled! Thanks again for the inspiration you all provide.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ephofma Good for you. I know it takes time to get things going but a day here and a day there and you will get through it. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

The gas prices are high. A holiday gift from the petroleum companies perhaps, but they will insist it is the changeover to summer gas. Yeah sure. My car gets poor gas mileage in my opinion, but the car computer says it gets great mileage. Still, I got the car cheap, so I will simply try to combine car trips and learn to walk. At the rate I use it, it will last forever. :roll: