Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Momof2

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by Momof2 »

Sheila, if you have any yarn around, maybe you could try to attach one end to one glove, take the string up through a coat sleeve, and down the other coat sleeve and attach the other glove to it making the string long enough to go across the body of the jacket on the inside and with enough slack to be able to put on the gloves once the jacket has been put on. I have seen gloves attached to a long strand, but I am not certain how easy, or feasible, it would be to do it yourself.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am thrilled that so far this year all food and household needs ie TP have been FREE.. All purchased with money that I have made doing survey's or from cash earned on My Points. I even have a $2.00 reserve.Total free things $33.00 and change. Janet Alliemama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

It's going to sound terrible to say this: DH leaves for Europe tomorrow, he'll be gone a few days. I will bet all but one of those days will be no-spend, maybe even all of them!

Which means January may not be a total dud no-spend-wise after all.

The reason it might sound bad? The kids and I tend to look at what we have in food storage and build meals from that. DH is a little more - no, quite a bit more - structured. He likes planned-for and rounded meals. Can't say I blame him, he was raised by wolves where structure was lacking, so his wanting it is something I can fully support. But while he's out of town? FIFO and ingenuity for the fiscal win!!
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:26 pm I am thrilled that so far this year all food and household needs ie TP have been FREE.. All purchased with money that I have made doing survey's or from cash earned on My Points. I even have a $2.00 reserve.Total free things $33.00 and change. Janet Alliemama
Wow. Well done Janet! I need to step up my survey game!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:30 pm
alliesmama4 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:26 pm I am thrilled that so far this year all food and household needs ie TP have been FREE.. All purchased with money that I have made doing survey's or from cash earned on My Points. I even have a $2.00 reserve.Total free things $33.00 and change. Janet Alliemama
Wow. Well done Janet! I need to step up my survey game!
I do Pinecone Research. they do not send daily invites but you are in a rotation and now they do some prescreening however when I do get a survey from them I am usually guaranteed $3.00. Sometimes they will send you products to try and after you give your report they give you another $3.00.. They have sent me some yummy food over this past year.. I priced one of the foods at around $10.00 plus they sent a similar food from another company to compare tastes. Sometimes it is a household product.

I use to do Opinion Outpost but I think they have dropped me due to my age..at least that is my impression. When I made inquires they said my e-mail address came back as not being active.. They re-instated me but then a few weeks later I was dropped again. In the first e- mail I had questioned them regarding my age and they were so apologetic that it was an e-mail problem.. I think they cannot verbalize age discrimination but a lot of survey's do seem to have reasons like this survey is closed or we have enough etc once my age is disclosed. They send lots of surveys and after 100 points you can get $10.00 or go for gift cards I like the cash to buy things at local stores that do not have gift cards..

I do MyPoints which gives you lots of way to get points but I just do searches, the daily poll, and survey's. It can get frustrating because as soon as I put my age of 72 down I seem to be automatically disqualified. However some of the surveys will give you 5 points if you are disqualified. Another place I go to is BING. You can get a gift gift card for Amazon and they have limited gift cards that I am not interested in.. However it is money that I would not otherwise have. Janet Alliesmama .
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:18 pm I do Pinecone Research. they do not send daily invites but you are in a rotation and now they do some prescreening however when I do get a survey from them I am usually guaranteed $3.00. Sometimes they will send you products to try and after you give your report they give you another $3.00.. They have sent me some yummy food over this past year.. I priced one of the foods at around $10.00 plus they sent a similar food from another company to compare tastes. Sometimes it is a household product.

I use to do Opinion Outpost but I think they have dropped me due to my age..at least that is my impression. When I made inquires they said my e-mail address came back as not being active.. They re-instated me but then a few weeks later I was dropped again. In the first e- mail I had questioned them regarding my age and they were so apologetic that it was an e-mail problem.. I think they cannot verbalize age discrimination but a lot of survey's do seem to have reasons like this survey is closed or we have enough etc once my age is disclosed. They send lots of surveys and after 100 points you can get $10.00 or go for gift cards I like the cash to buy things at local stores that do not have gift cards..

I do MyPoints which gives you lots of way to get points but I just do searches, the daily poll, and survey's. It can get frustrating because as soon as I put my age of 72 down I seem to be automatically disqualified. However some of the surveys will give you 5 points if you are disqualified. Another place I go to is BING. You can get a gift gift card for Amazon and they have limited gift cards that I am not interested in.. However it is money that I would not otherwise have. Janet Alliesmama .
I do Mypoints & I hate to say it but I think I get disqualified a lot for being prematurely "retired." If you don't work, it seems there isn't that much interest in your opinion.

It may also be my geography; people in the midwest don't have as much cred as either coast ;)