No waste in January 2018

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: No waste in January 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Used up a ball of brown yarn on the vest I am making.

Packaged up all the leftover ham from supper tonight and put it in the freezer. Also packaged up the ham bone and its in the freezer as well.

Used up a bar of hand soap. The sliver of the old bar has been added to the package of other slivers. I will make a soap bag to hang outside to use when we are gardening.

Used up the small lotion bottle. Cut it open and got the dregs out this morning.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Hmmm, here goes.

Used up the last of a tube of toothpaste after cutting it open to get the dregs out.

Used up the leftover salad from previous meals last night.

Used up a ball of ball of brown sparkly yarn on the vest.

Used up the bag of dried beans making baked beans for the freezer and future meals.

Used up the smallest bag of ham and a pie crust making the quiche we had for supper a couple of nights ago.

Used up the onion that was in the fridge.
Jackie
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Wow - impressive Jackie.

Finished up a bottle of shampoo
Had 3 leftover ravioli for lunch
Finished the ham and potato chowder for dinner
Hubs had some leftover ribs for supper
Finished up my last DW detergent tab
Used up a gallon bottle of vinegar - been cleaning and fixing my DW.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

I am inspired by all of your posts in this thread. It reminds me to look twice at everything.

Today I will be using up the last two potatoes, last few cabbage leaves and last onion in homemade soup.

I had a container of salt become "solidified" in the package. I have it open and the big chunk of salt sitting in a dish. I am going to take my grater and zester and turn that thing back into usable salt.

I finally threw away my cut open tube of toothpaste. I got 4 more uses from it. Now I'm on to using up a free sample size tube.
DianeMNurse

Post by DianeMNurse »

Made 2 huge pots of vegetable soup using up a frozen chicken back to make the stock, frozen cabbage from our garden dated 2014 ( oh my ), some slightly freezer burned green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms that needed used, leftover peas,a bag of marked down carrot slices, and marked down zucchini. The zucchini were 5 for .99 - I used 3 and cut and froze the other two for another day.

Found 2 nearly full bottle of shampoo that DD put in the linen closet because she didn't like it. Mine now!!

Also found a bottle of quilt wash that a friend used on a quilt of mine while DH was having his stem cell transplant. Will use it on my fine washables.

I love this thread. I'm going to utilize it to stay focused.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Lots of use it ups in the past few days.

Starting with yarn use it ups first. I used up another ball of brown yarn to finish up the vest (I was worried I wouldn't have enough but I even have one skein left).

I also used up a ball of black yarn (except for a small ball which I have plans for eventually ;) ), making a pair of socks.

Started to use up that leftover skein of grey wool making another pair of socks (perhaps even two pair).

Food wise used up the leftover spaghetti as baked spaghetti. The small container of parmesan cheese was also used up.

Used up a loaf of home made bread.

Used up some pudding mix from the pantry (great sale on this a few months back so I picked up a few for easy desserts).

Added a bit of water to my shampoo bottle, should get a few more uses before I can say I have used it all up.
Jackie