No waste in January 2018

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
colonialgirl

Re: No waste in January 2018

Post by colonialgirl »

Baked up some leftover refrigerated cookie dough that I used to make fudge bars for the neighborhood Christmas cookies. I got 12 cookies out of it so that was better than going to waste.

Took the remains of two bags of chips from the holidays that were stale and small amounts - combined them and used in a casserole for dinner.

Finished up the last of a batch of muffins for breakfast this morning.

That is about all the use ups today.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Had a couple of more use ups the past couple of days:
1. Finished another small bottle of lotion.
2. Finished a box of corn flakes for my breakfast.
3. Made a batch of muffins that we had for breakfast and snacks over two days.
4. Had the rest of the ham and beans leftovers for dinner tonight.
5. Made a tube of cinnamon rolls left over from Christmas this morning. Have a couple left for tomorrow.
Guess that is all for now.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

1.Made leftover ham and beans into a soup recipe that I found on another blog, it is very, very good.
2.Used the last of a jar of parsley and various other herbs/spices to make ranch dressing mix.
3.Found my moms recipe for rhubarb upside down cake...will use up some of my frozen rhubarb and it is something dad will like.
4. leftover pork chops going into/ with sauerkraut for me only, I love pork and kraut but no one else will eat it :(
5. used up a bottle of cocktail sauce with boiled shrimp. It is a glass bottle,will make my own cocktail sauce and reuse it.
JCKitty
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

1. Discovered that a cheaper brand of dog food that my dogs would not touch is LOVED by them after soaked in very hot water and allowed to cool - so it gets soft. Go figure.

2. Used the very last of a head of cabbage and the leftover onion from cooking my beans last weekend. Fried them both and mixed with the last of the cooked rice, added some hot sauce and called it dinner. It was really good.

3. Saved the salt from the bottom of my empty pretzel bag and will add it to homemade soup or something.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Hubby used up some scrap lumber.

I used up the last two green onions making supper.

Used up the ball of pink yarn and the ball of purple making the socks.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Last nights supper saw me use up

the broccoli, the small bit of leftover cauliflower, an onion, a green pepper, the rest of a bunch of celery that was pushed to the back, the last of the cherry tomatoes, and half of the leftover carrots.

I am always amazed at how adding a bit of water to something extends the use of that something. I should be finished a couple of things I added a bit of water to at some point this week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/