Frugal February Use It Up Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Frugal February Use It Up Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Not too many use it ups though I did use up two large sausages at supper last night.

Hopefully a few more use it ups or recycled objects today.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Let's see.....

Used up the leftover pasta, the leftover hotdog, and the leftover peas in other meals or for other meals.

Used up the last package of frozen ham for our supper last night.

Used up a loaf of bread.

Used up the package of phyllo pastry in the fridge freezer.
Jackie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I'm squeezing the last bits of toothpaste out of my sample tube from Dec's dentist visit. I've never opened up any tube to scrape the last out... how does one do that, with scissors?

I noticed that my foaming soap feels/acts empty, time to add in another portion of body wash (made my body itch but it works good as foaming hand soap) into dispenser.

H-Dog is almost out of food, so I need to buy him a new bag (his sensitive tummy gets grain-free), I think I have a coupon to use. I hope.

Kind of, but not really a use-it-up -- I moved cat's house out in sun so they stay warmer in daytime; have covered their house with black plastic to add to warmth & keep rain out.

I found several bags of cat treats (rabbit flavor :D) at Petco on clearance for 70 cents, they get a few with each bowl of kitty crunch plus extra meat scraps (am trying to build Tubby's weight back up since he lost weight because of his leg amputation 2 weeks ago).

I keep finding great meat deals on clearance, I'm now working on using them up over next several weeks.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yes, Gayle, I use scissors. In fact, I just cut one open to use it up. I cut it at the tube top and then put a sandwich bag over the tube to keep the paste soft. I use up the paste in the opening end first.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

My use it ups for the last few days are:

the sample bottle of shampoo gone. I have pulled out one of the hotel ones to use up now

a couple of loaves of bread

the last of a carton of 18 eggs

two cans of vegetable soup that needing to be used

a can of coffee

I also have 15 no spend days under my belt. As I have said before this broken wrist deal does seem to have one benefit.
Jackie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Looking at a broken wrist with a positive attitude is great, Jackielou.