Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by SandiSAHM »

Now at 25% no-spend. Nothing like a big grocery run to prompt staying in.

Got news that two of our favorite people will be coming for dinner on the 23rd :D
I am so excited I already planned the whole meal.

There are people I'll cook for, and then there are people I will *cook* for, and they are in the latter category. Sweet, sweet kids. And they have the same last name as us - pronounced the same though the spelling is off by 1 letter - so we tell people they're our kids :lol:
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

26.6%, 4 out of 15.

Hopefully the dinner with 2 guests later in the month has become dinner with 4 guests, there's another girl DD's age, and her Mom, who also enjoy the company of the original guests. The more the merrier :D

Its close to the holiday, though, so we'll see how it works out.

I must begin planning this thing more precisely and oh my good golly I just remembered I'm out of GF flour and thought I wouldn't need any 'til we got back from our trip south. Gotta go buy flour. But that's okay, today is already slated as a spend day.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Bought flour online, it appeared 2 days later :D Much better $ than it would have been if I'd had to track it down locally (gluten free baking mix) and no gasoline and time involved in searching, so, yay.

I have forgotten how many no-spend days we've had. No one spent today or yesterday but... I know there were little things through part of the week. That's a cruddy way to finish out a miserly year.

2019 - the Year of Better Record Keeping :)

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Happy Frugal New Year :D
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Merry Christmas to you and yours Sandi and a frugal 2019. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama