Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by SandiSAHM »

I want to live in fake time! :lol:

8 of 21... 38.09% and running out of days in the month to even things out.

I should just plan ONE day, get it ALL bought - all of it, the online, the in-store, all of it, and be done. DS has a birthday soon. 14. My baby IS TALLER THAN ME. And wears shoes bigger than his father's.

Buying gas tomorrow. Maybe mushrooms early Friday at a grocery store, not going anywhere near a superstore. Should be no-spend over the weekend but "should" is one of those words - it guarantees nothing ;)

I work too much and don't cook nearly enough anymore. Friday? Cooking. Because since we're going to a friend's tomorrow the kids think we should also have Thanksgiving the day after, at home, because they want leftovers. And more dessert. My children are opportunists :lol:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:25 pm I want to live in fake time! :lol:

8 of 21... 38.09% and running out of days in the month to even things out.

I should just plan ONE day, get it ALL bought - all of it, the online, the in-store, all of it, and be done. DS has a birthday soon. 14. My baby IS TALLER THAN ME. And wears shoes bigger than his father's.

Buying gas tomorrow. Maybe mushrooms early Friday at a grocery store, not going anywhere near a superstore. Should be no-spend over the weekend but "should" is one of those words - it guarantees nothing ;)

I work too much and don't cook nearly enough anymore. Friday? Cooking. Because since we're going to a friend's tomorrow the kids think we should also have Thanksgiving the day after, at home, because they want leftovers. And more dessert. My children are opportunists :lol:
My SIL always had to make a Thanksgiving dinner the day before or after they were invited to someones house for Thanksgiving. My brother always wanted leftovers.

Do not make yourself crazy with the spending days. In my opinion it all comes out of the same pot of money whether you spend it in one day or stretch it out over days and weeks. Although if you are running around to various places that does add extra expense for gas but factor that in to your budget. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

10 of 25... 40%

Tomorrow SHOULD be a no-spend day.

Still have leftovers from Friday.

Nothing coming up this week except work, for both DH and me. School, for the kids, online school also for DH who is working on a paper. Boredom for the dog.

DS's bday present will arrive before his birthday, he knows what it is and expects access to it upon arrival. Doesn't bother me.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

11 of 26... 42.3% and I think it'll happen again tomorrow.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

14 of 30.... 46.67% and done with this month.

December will be weird. Out of town for a solid week, have to prep for that to cut down on purchases on the road, which means I should start thinking about that.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Bad news: % of no-spend days sucks. Like a hair over 10% of 9 days.

Good news: Spending itself is down. They're small scattered expenses.

Totally the opposite of the plan, right, but the plan went sideways. Should return to normalcy... maybe the 16th. Last half of the month.

I have 12/22 - New Year's Day "off." We'll be traveling part of that time but still, it'll be weird to feel retired again :lol: