Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by Dgflorida »

It is always good to have a passport. Never know when a dream trip will come along. Or in this case, a problem created by bureaucracy.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I'm waaay more employed, albeit as a contractor, than I ever thought I'd be. Both feet, just jump! I'm teaching myself updated stuff. I think the cobwebs are getting moved around a little in the old brain.

Its weird when circumstances have you lose track of someone for a while and then all of a sudden you're talking again and there's the strangest sense that nothing has changed.

A BUNCH has changed, but base personality wise, old/new boss is still the same guy. Which is good, because I've had some bosses who were good bosses, and I've had some bosses who were good people, but I've only had one who was both, and I get to work with him again :D

All this distraction? It's because I failed. To forsee. Today actually turned out to be a minor spend day. Minor or not though, I'm at 1 for 3... 33.3%

And I've given up forecasting whether or not there'll be spending. Just hope for the best and keep on going.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I gave up forecasting spending too. But I picked up the idea of awareness and that was enough. Sounds like it is good, challenging, but good to be working. Congrats.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:51 pm I'm waaay more employed, albeit as a contractor, than I ever thought I'd be. Both feet, just jump! I'm teaching myself updated stuff. I think the cobwebs are getting moved around a little in the old brain.

Its weird when circumstances have you lose track of someone for a while and then all of a sudden you're talking again and there's the strangest sense that nothing has changed.

A BUNCH has changed, but base personality wise, old/new boss is still the same guy. Which is good, because I've had some bosses who were good bosses, and I've had some bosses who were good people, but I've only had one who was both, and I get to work with him again :D

All this distraction? It's because I failed. To forsee. Today actually turned out to be a minor spend day. Minor or not though, I'm at 1 for 3... 33.3%

And I've given up forecasting whether or not there'll be spending. Just hope for the best and keep on going.
Sandi congrats on your new job.. good to know you have a boss that you like and will be able to work with. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

1 for 5! 20%!

Today's expenditure? 92 cents to send a piece of mail to my mother. Her travel itinerary for her trip home next month.

I'm a part-time travel agent, too ;)

Very 'part' - like only twice a year. But I tell you she makes me work for every cent of the zero dollars and zero cents she pays ;) because the airplanes (the ones her favorite airline uses) must depart when she wants from where she wants with her favorite layover (not too long / not too short) in her favorite layover city, and prime arrival time overseas. Two years ago I found the closest thing to what she wanted, told her what that cost, then found her a lovely alternate plan with a competing airline with a layover elsewhere that was $800 less. EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS. And she had to think about it. :roll:

At any rate, my % sux.

Time to go torture my brain learning the procedure that's used in a service my boss sells to a mfg co.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:16 pm 1 for 5! 20%!

Today's expenditure? 92 cents to send a piece of mail to my mother. Her travel itinerary for her trip home next month.

I'm a part-time travel agent, too ;)

Very 'part' - like only twice a year. But I tell you she makes me work for every cent of the zero dollars and zero cents she pays ;) because the airplanes (the ones her favorite airline uses) must depart when she wants from where she wants with her favorite layover (not too long / not too short) in her favorite layover city, and prime arrival time overseas. Two years ago I found the closest thing to what she wanted, told her what that cost, then found her a lovely alternate plan with a competing airline with a layover elsewhere that was $800 less. EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS. And she had to think about it. :roll:

At any rate, my % sux.

Time to go torture my brain learning the procedure that's used in a service my boss sells to a mfg co.
Gosh Sandi if my Mom had not passed on quite a few years ago I would have thought she skipped town and moved in to your mothers house.. lol. Why do they have to make things so difficult? Sorry for the pain you have to go through to make her day a better day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama