Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by SandiSAHM »

Today will be 8 out of 20... 40%

Tomorrow I have to buy... something... for one of DD's friends, she'll be 17. What do 17 year olds want, I wonder. I know what mine wants, another violin. But I'm not fully funding that. I'll subsidize it but she'll have to earn the rest because we just SOLD a violin and she's a little young to be playing the "rotate my instruments" game. Is there a different sound quality? Sure, but it's not like she's a concert violinist or anything, her inventory is broad enough to cover all her bases.

At least they're reasonably small, not like her guitars. She's fun. :D

There's also a piano. What's funny about all this is her collective tendencies. When she grows up and has her own space, I'm making her take all this with her, INCLUDING her piano. We'll see what happens after that. Hopefully she'll pare things down and keep it reasonable, otherwise my grandkids will be navigating an instrument maze ;)

I also know what I wanted at 17 - money. Gas money, specifically. But it was back in the days of 89-CENT PER GALLON gas. I was a reasonable kid :lol: and could go a looong way on a b-day gift!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:19 am Today will be 8 out of 20... 40%

Tomorrow I have to buy... something... for one of DD's friends, she'll be 17. What do 17 year olds want, I wonder. I know what mine wants, another violin. But I'm not fully funding that. I'll subsidize it but she'll have to earn the rest because we just SOLD a violin and she's a little young to be playing the "rotate my instruments" game. Is there a different sound quality? Sure, but it's not like she's a concert violinist or anything, her inventory is broad enough to cover all her bases.

At least they're reasonably small, not like her guitars. She's fun. :D

There's also a piano. What's funny about all this is her collective tendencies. When she grows up and has her own space, I'm making her take all this with her, INCLUDING her piano. We'll see what happens after that. Hopefully she'll pare things down and keep it reasonable, otherwise my grandkids will be navigating an instrument maze ;)

I also know what I wanted at 17 - money. Gas money, specifically. But it was back in the days of 89-CENT PER GALLON gas. I was a reasonable kid :lol: and could go a looong way on a b-day gift!
One of my nephews plays 10 different musical instruments so her collection may grow..lol. At least if it is her place she can deal with them.. I personally cannot play anything even though I have tried so I enjoy and envy those that can play anything musical. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

8 of 24... oh, easy math: 1/3. 33.3%

This weekend marks 18 years of marriage. I believe I've decided to keep him :lol:

Packing. POD will be here 7/5 and is leaving 7/9. DH is taking off the 6th.

Then all our stuff is gone and closing is the 10th. I've heard stories of closings that don't close. Never had it happen to me, though 2 houses ago it was close, the buyer... well it was her first house and I don't think she understood much, and to make matters worse her broker and lender hadn't educated her. She had to borrow $$$ from her sister at the table (her sister had to bring her a cashier's check made out to the lender, it was the wildest 5 hrs (FIVE HOURS, to close!) I've ever spent in a conference room, and given some of the sales meetings I used to have to sit through, that's saying a lot!

I hope it closes. If not we'll be camping here 'til a renter moves in, LOL, because once that POD is loaded (in July, in Oklahoma), I'm not unloading it until we get to the next house (in - probably - August, in Oklahoma). It'll be like moving in a steam room both times. 8-)
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:47 pm 8 of 24... oh, easy math: 1/3. 33.3%

This weekend marks 18 years of marriage. I believe I've decided to keep him :lol:

Packing. POD will be here 7/5 and is leaving 7/9. DH is taking off the 6th.

Then all our stuff is gone and closing is the 10th. I've heard stories of closings that don't close. Never had it happen to me, though 2 houses ago it was close, the buyer... well it was her first house and I don't think she understood much, and to make matters worse her broker and lender hadn't educated her. She had to borrow $$$ from her sister at the table (her sister had to bring her a cashier's check made out to the lender, it was the wildest 5 hrs (FIVE HOURS, to close!) I've ever spent in a conference room, and given some of the sales meetings I used to have to sit through, that's saying a lot!

I hope it closes. If not we'll be camping here 'til a renter moves in, LOL, because once that POD is loaded (in July, in Oklahoma), I'm not unloading it until we get to the next house (in - probably - August, in Oklahoma). It'll be like moving in a steam room both times. 8-)
Sandi congratulations on your 18 years of marriage..May yu have many, many more..

Congrats on selling your house. Good luck on your sale..
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I hope the closing goes well for you.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

8 of 26... 30.76 (that .06 is important right now ;) )

If the Lord is willing and DH stays on track with his desire to eventually retire with his current employer, I WILL NEVER MOVE AGAIN until the day we decide on a beach with a mountain behind it and we sell everything where it stands and go fully retire. I'm never moving this stuff again.

Remind me I said that, if you ever see any wanderlust indication, because I am nowhere near as young as I used to be, and this is exhausting.

It's also the clutter, I take a very very mild dose of an anti-anxiety med to keep me on the rails when it comes to clean un-cluttered surfaces or I'll do a dish at 2 in the morning just to make sure the counter is clear :shock: Because it HAS TO BE clear! The boxes and rolled-up rugs and general pre-packed status here is taking that OCD and just keeping it in the 'on' position (whereas being ready to show fed the beast and calmed it, this is pandemonium). Time to up the dose, right :lol: Probably, for a couple weeks.

But we couldn't do it all last-minute because he has to be at work and I am just not that strong anymore, or as able to go for hours and hours. Which sucks, because I'm not that old (52), and there's no excuse for this state of being. I must fix it!

Doesn't help that today's heat index is 102, and you feel every bit of it.

Okay, I'm done whining. Have to go to Lowe's again tonight for stretch wrap and tape, so I didn't make it to 9 days yet.