Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by SandiSAHM »

3 for 11... 27.27%

Had to put in a decent grocery run today. Going to see if I can stretch those groceries and the fridge / freezer / pantry ingredients to the point of only needing ONE more run between now and Thanksgiving. My kids like tofurky. Made with wheat gluten so I can't touch it, but a couple times a year probably won't trigger anything in them or DH. So I will buy that, sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes... maybe some baking apples, I haven't really polled the people for what they want for their holiday dessert yet.

I have to put in another Vitacost order, too. GF staples and some supplements. Probably wait to do that in a week.

It's COLD here, got to 19 degrees F last night!
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

4 for 14 28.5%

DS caught a cold. Weirdest thing, he was running around in the snow (SNOW!) we had Monday and went from "Yay! Snow!" having snowball fights with his sister to "I don't feel so great, I have aches, pains, lots of mucus" - and 102 degree fever!! Off to make sure it wasn't the flu. No flu, no strep, just a cold. Usually he goes into a cold over a couple days, not a couple minutes. I guess the extreme cold took his immunity down and the virus decided it was time to jump on it, while he was weak.

Work is... working. It has its moments. The ones where I wonder why I'm working. :lol:
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

6 of 17... 35.29%

I hate to admit it, but I'm tired. Getting up a lot earlier lately, going to bed earlier, too. Maybe it's the daylight savings time thing.

Got invited to some friends house for Thanksgiving, waiting to be told what to bring. I hope they hurry :lol: so I don't have to shop Wednesday.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:28 pm 6 of 17... 35.29%

I hate to admit it, but I'm tired. Getting up a lot earlier lately, going to bed earlier, too. Maybe it's the daylight savings time thing.

Got invited to some friends house for Thanksgiving, waiting to be told what to bring. I hope they hurry :lol: so I don't have to shop Wednesday.
Daylight savings is over. It is the switch to standard time that has got you going to bed and getting up earlier. Hopefully in awhile your body clock will get back to normal.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:53 amDaylight savings is over. It is the switch to standard time that has got you going to bed and getting up earlier. Hopefully in awhile your body clock will get back to normal.
Next spring, LOL, when we spring forward again. This whole thing where it's dark before 5:15? I can't understand why anyone would ever want to do that. Six thirty to 7 is about as early as it ought ever to be dark.

But then, I'm not a morning person, by nature. I get up early but I don't enjoy it ;)

7 of 19 today... 36.84%

Thursday I plan to stop on the way home from the friend's house and get gas. The QuikTrip a mile from their house has gas 13 cents/gallon cheaper than the ones on this side of Tulsa, and we have another 11 cents per gallon off from Reasor's rewards. Save where you can :D
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LOL Sandi my province and I hear a couple of the states stay on standard time year round. Daylight savings was started by people in the war effort, so kind of a fake time situation when you think about it.

I usually get up at 6 my time and it is still dark, and now it is dark before we even have supper.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/