Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:55 pm 7 out of 27... 25.9%

But DH is a genius! He saved the useful life of an expensive vacuum cleaner by re-wiring the powerhead. Sold as a part, the head is $80 plus shipping. He bought some wire... the smallest amount Lowe's sells, 100 ft, for $11, and 30 minutes later, fully functional vacuum powerhead.

I have yet to find anything he can't fix. Oh, he says he's terrible at drywall. Okay, that's true, but at minimum he can 'do' drywall. It's just the mudding doesn't always work out just right on the first... or second... attempt. :lol:
Congrats on having a handy husband.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I agree with Janet. Congratulations on having a handy husband.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

8 out of 29... 27.58%

Not going out today, so not spending $.

WOW, its hot. We're going to get to 100, for the first time this year, this week.

Blinds are down. Not dealing with an ugly PSO bill.

Oh! A turtle visited the back fence today. The dog was totally confused. She ran toward and barked at it and... nothing. It didn't run away. So she tried it again, circled around to build up speed, and... Mr. Turtle was not impressed. The dog seemed insulted. She gave up.

The rabbits have her convinced she's a big scary apex predator. The turtle? I doubt they see that well, she probably just looks like a big fast-moving shadow to them?
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

8 out of 31 for May... 25.8%

0 of 1 for June... 0%

Bummer on both counts.

Tomorrow should be a no-spend, but Sunday won't be. DH is out 3.5 days next week. I'm going in to that stocked so as to not have to go out while he's gone. Save gas and stress and all that goes with it.

Have a great weekend!
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

2 out of 5... 40%

Tomorrow I have to get some fill-in groceries, so it'll be 2 out of 6, 33.3%.

Might be able to get away with not spending anything Thursday, DS has an orthodontist appt but I don't need anything from the health food store near there.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Today will be 3 for 7... 42.85%

Taking the boy to the orthodontist & picking up the DH from the airport. Should be a pretty quiet day otherwise unless someone decides to come see the house. If that happens we pack up the dog, LOL.