Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by Dgflorida »

It is great that you are able to leave your old home in the hands of people who share your love of birds. I hope when I have to move, I will be as lucky. I love trees and all the life that goes with them.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

This fall's goal is to get a minimum of 3 trees planted in the new yard. One will be out front, the others out back in hope of getting some birds closer to the house and of getting some color (maple trees) in the fall.

We were out there and as DH was going over the grading plan the builder has so I could "see" it in my head (yeah, no), & we saw BEES on the flowering weeds. The good variety of bee. The garden will have pollinators, YAY!!

I am sorry to say that due to rental of dollies for large objects, I'm at 1 for 7 days. 14.2%

Next week we start the hotel camping Wednesday night, then DH will leave for a week, and that's probably the point where my %'s will go up. I hope.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Moving is a tough time to have no spend days. But good luck. And I sure hope you get into the house as expected. And trees planted. I love trees.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Dgflorida wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:53 am Moving is a tough time to have no spend days. But good luck. And I sure hope you get into the house as expected. And trees planted. I love trees.
My present southward neighbor said to us just a little while after both our houses were done, "my wife hates trees." Sure enough, their builder-planted front yard tree died and they have not replaced it. :?

How does anyone hate trees? I don't get it, she's from California. They have awesome trees.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I may be out for the month. I'm 1 for 9. ONE. 11%

Two more days and we're out of here. I sure hope closing goes well.

Grading on the new yard should start this week. HOA rules there dictate not one but two trees in the front and I have to find out if one is allowed to be a smaller species, 'cause I reeeeeally want a Japanese maple. They're so pretty, and we finally have a front yard where one wouldn't be scorched to death by the OK sun.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:02 pm
Dgflorida wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:53 am Moving is a tough time to have no spend days. But good luck. And I sure hope you get into the house as expected. And trees planted. I love trees.
My present southward neighbor said to us just a little while after both our houses were done, "my wife hates trees." Sure enough, their builder-planted front yard tree died and they have not replaced it. :?

How does anyone hate trees? I don't get it, she's from California. They have awesome trees.
I had an Aunt that hated trees.. why? She had the only tree left cut down in her side yard. It was not big or dangerous it was just annoying to her. I love trees and wish I had more and have had numerous trees planted in my front yard and one side yard. Just wish they would grow faster for the shade...Janet Alliesmma
Janet Alliesmama