Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

7 out of 19... 36.8%

DH is back. Yard had some 'weed,' but no feed. The Lowe's was out of weed and feed. So since it needs dead weeds rather than fed weeds, the weed killer went on. We'll feed whatever survives later.

Did buy groceries, though, so there is SOME feed going on around here.

The man says he may have to go back in April. That would be the 3rd time this year, and he has June and October work-related travel too. Also at least one more Europe, and likely India.

I told him it was nice knowing him ;)

Oh well, it's his work and he enjoys it on top of having a knack for it. By the grace of God it keeps a roof over our heads, feeds us, provides healthcare, all that. Most definitely none of it is taken for granted.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

9 out of 22.... 40.9%

DH is leaving for Europe again in April. At this rate we may as well move there ;)

The Fed hiked rates. One would think buyers would have seen that coming (we did, we've been watching for that for half a year) and have gotten locked in to a decent rate and be house hunting.

But it's spring break week here and I believe I hear crickets chirping its so quiet!
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

11 out of 28. 39.2%

Bleh.

Which suits how I feel, bleh. Chilly out, overcast, rained all day yesterday.

Trying to push myself to get excited that the grass is greening up, the blooming trees in our greenbelt look pretty, and that DH is off on Friday and it's supposed to be sunny and a good temp then. Yard stuff will get done, it could use a little spring cleanup, and some of the pots from the container garden need to be tended to in prep for a move (? or not? at this rate, I don't know, but it never hurts to clean up).

I'm also hoping Friday's sun will bring potential buyers.. though that's questionable given the holiday. There's still school. We've had 2 this week, at least one loved it (no feedback from the other) but would have to get their own house on the market and sell it to be able to buy this one. I'm all for contingencies but if they want to do that, they need to hurry; interest rates eeked up yesterday, dropped again today, but it's not a game I'm willing to play; time to lock.

We've been locked since February with an end date of late July and one float-down allowed with no additional $ if things were to drop. If we haven't moved by that date we're going to have to seriously look at the $$ involved in an extension. Conversely, I guess I could give up on the idea of moving and let them sell the finished product to someone else.

I think part of the 'bleh' might be the lack of... movement, in the moving project. My own fault.

I've been looking at available homes (aka "the competition") and what they say about low inventory is no joke. I bet it'll pick up between 4/2 and mid-May though. Oh, goody, MORE competition, LOL!!

DH leaves again mid April, returning a mere 7 days later; I thought this project would require more hands-on but he seems to have a great deal of confidence in the outside training he's lined up. He's just going to help them gear the training directly to the company's product so no time is wasted.

So, I'm projecting a minimum of 6 days no-spend in April. March will probably go out okay, I don't plan to spend again 'til Friday, we'll see how that goes.

I need a project soooooo bad. I think I'll go pack something I won't need 'til winter ;)
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

March - 12 of 31, 38.7%

YTD (weeping icon here) 26 of 90 - 28.8% - LESS THAN A THIRD.

Which means that TWO THIRDS OF THE TIME - 71.2% OF THE DAYS THIS YEAR TO DATE, WE HAVE SPENT MONEY.

64 DAYS!!!

I'm not happy, Bob. NOT HAPPY. (Incredibles quote, must give credit where due).

Which only makes it really nutty to think about how are expenses are lower than last year. ?!?
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Well, you did not shop one quarter of the time. That seems pretty good. ;)