Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Dgflorida »

I sure hope it all works out.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Get ready: Since 6PM yesterday we have had a combination of severe thunderstorm warning, severe thunderstorm watch, Flood Advisory, Flash flood watch, air quality advisory, high wind advisory, hail advisory. The only thing missing is tornado. jeesh...

Welcome to the Land of Real Weather!!! And all that stuff lasted until early this morning (around 6AM). Poor Willow just now came out of her linen closet. Walked very purposefully to her litter box and now is being sociable!!!

No other news - too early to get into trouble! This will most likely be a no-spend day. Happy Frugaling!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

This is an addendum to my post earlier today.

I use two pillow cases on each bed pillow. My grandmother and my mother did that, so I do, too. Anyway, long, long ago I bought some inexpensive pillowcases to go under the good ones. I actually bought a zillion of them because our daughters were still at home and used two pillows each and Hubby and I use two pillows each. Some went to dorms, etc. Just about every time I saw pillowcases someplace, I bought them.

Anyway, for some reason I figured I needed more of them so I put them on my shopping list for the chance that I would go past a Walmart and look for some. In the meantime, it occurred to me that maybe I should check my big linen closet to get an actual count of what's in there. Lo and behold, I seem to have a monopoly on the pillowcase market in there!!! I pulled all of them out, washed them and now I have a stack to donate, a short stack for our older daughter, and a BIG stack to keep and actually use. jeesh...

Lots of explaining to get to the punch line - Today was a no-spend day!!!! It was a win-win day. Yay, me!!! (OK, I'm done now.)
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Congrats! Every no spend day is a great day.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

No real news - just waiting out all of the thunderstorms before we can go anywhere. We're really getting zapped right now after several days and nights of nasty weather. Heavy, heavy rain, wind, and jail. Too bad all that rain isn't snow - I'm a real snow-bunny and can't wait for it to snow. But we still have a lot of stormy weather ahead if things continue as they have in past years.

Willow is hiding in her linen closet - we won't see anything of her until the thunder stops. Poor little girl!!!

That's it for now. The up-side of icky weather is that this has been a no-spend day. See you all tomorrow.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello and Howdy!!!

Rain, rain and more rain and thunder. Good grief. No sign of Willow!!!

The glass replacement guy came yesterday and repaired three windows where the seal had been compromised and were all foggy. He does very good work and I'm so glad that's done. He fixed a few windows for us previously and did very well then, too.

The guy who worked on our AC and furnace (routine stuff) will call when he has two switches for the furnace and then we'll be done with such stuff. Yay!

No spending for us today. All stocked up with groceries. Yesterday's temp was 90F and today is supposed to be 70F. So because it's cooler, I'll bake ribs for supper. Yum!!!

No news so I'll go get busy. Take care and enjoy your frugal day
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout