Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

Congratulations (to me) are in order because I actually got started on sorting all the clothes in our big walk-in closet. I now have four (count 'em, 4) big bags of clothing all ready to be donated!!! I do still have some slacks and jeans that have to be tried on and then taken care of but that's not a biggie!

The floor in that closet is now clear of all junk thrown in there, shoes that never made it to their rightful places, etc.

Hubby has not sorted his shirts yet but he operates on his own time-frame!

The other walk-in closet is still a toxic dumping ground but that is not on the to-do list for this week. I do feel that since I was able to actually get started on our closet, I can do just about anything!!! This is empowering!!!!

Our rescue cat, Willow, has finally come out of the linen closet. We've been having thunderstorms and she is deathly afraid of thunder. No rain expected for today so I'm hoping she will be happier. Poor thing...

No spending scheduled for today. I'm going to clip coupons now so I can get my food list set for when the ads come in our local newspaper tomorrow. Yes, after all these years of married life (51 this month) I still clip coupons. Hubby says they are "free money".

Bye for now. Stay safe and be aware of people and what is going on around you when you are out and about. Happy frugal-days.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I have a dumping ground too that I need to tackle. Thanks for encouraging by doing.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

I now have four more bags of clothing and a few small knick-knacks loaded into my truck for donation. Lots of pants and tops from Hubby. I still have some jeans and slacks to try on and sort but so far so good! Finally got outdoors to dead-head the peonies and hopefully I'll get to the lilac bush for the same thing tomorrow.

We sent to breakfast this morning. We try to go every Wednesday as part of our new routine since Hubby retired. Eating breakfast out seems (to me) to be decadent - something only the very rich would do. I guess it's because when I was a kid, we never ate out and then after I got married and Hubby was a graduate student we didn't have money for that either. We have lived very frugally for a zillion years and I'm enjoying the fruit of our labor!!! NOT bragging - we've earned it!!!

Gotta go. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings!!

We had terrible storms here last night. I heard the linen closet door open and knew that Willow was hiding in there. She didn't come out until we got up this morning.

Right now, we're under an extreme heat and humidity warning with temps of at least 95F. High humidity. But the skies are as blue as blue can be and that's always nice!

No spending planned for today which is a good thing. I did more work on our walk-in closet in our bedroom and WOW does that look good in there!!! All DONE!!! One more bag of clothing to donate!

Next major job is the spare walk-in closet in bedroom #2. THAT is going to be a HUGE chore!!! Knick-Knacks, junk, momentoes, etc. I can hear myself ask if an item is important to keep, never will use it, donate, or trash... Oh, the decisions!!! Hubby has a business trip scheduled for a week at the end of July so I'm thinking I'll wait to do this major job while he is away. I think better when he's not hovering!!! There are enough such jobs to do before then.

Well, I'm off to get busy. First, though, I have a morning newspaper to read and another cup of coffee waiting. Three cheers for newspapers and coffee-makers!!! Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

Hubby worked on his workroom and now we can actually see the floor and the surface of his workbench!!! Everything is sorted and put in proper places. Another big chore scratched off the to-do list. Wonderful!!!

We received some SPECTACULAR news yesterday: We will become Great Grandparents in January!!! WOW!!! We're so thrilled!!! Grandson and his wife have been married for almost two years and they are over the moon about the baby!!! Grandson will be 30 next month and wifey is one or two years younger. This was the first marriage among grands and, now the first great-grand!!! There are not enough exclamation marks in the world for this happy news!!!

Laundry is in the works and I need to go to our credit union to deposit some checks. Otherwise, it should be a fairly quiet day. Last night's storms didn't show up but oppressive heat is still with us. We're under a heat/humidity advisory, pollen alert, and poor air quality alert. Blick, blick, blick.

Bye for now. Stay safe and happy frugalling!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Congrats on another organizing chore out of the way. Congrats on great grand baby.