Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Carleen »

Hello and Greetings!

We had freezing rain overnight and everything is coated with ice this morning. Starting to warm up a bit so the street is just wet now. It was an Olympic event to go out to get the newspaper off the driveway, though!!! Wheeeee....!!!

Hubby had his foot looked at with an ortho/podiatry doctor and he has plattar fasciitis. He now has a shoe insert and exercises to do. As I mentioned in an earlier post, he does NOT suffer well!!! jeesh...

Grocery shopping was done yesterday and got a few items that were on sale and on my list. So frugal shopping is intact. We had left-overs for supper last evening and today will be corned beef and cabbage. The fridge is bare right now so looking forward to left-overs tomorrow from the corned beef and cabbage.

I had my routine followup with my rheumatologist who keeps track of my two kinds of arthritis and meds for those. I got a glowing report from him so that was good. He recommended my getting the new shingles vaccine since my immune system is compromised because of my meds. So I'll do that soon. I had the original vaccine but that has been found to be only 30% effective. Onward....

See you all later. Stay safe and smile even if you if you don't feel like it!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Plantar fasctious, however it is spelled is a mean thing. I know a lot of people who have it. And good inserts can make it tolerable. Good luck.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

Not a lot of news around here which is always a good thing. Hubby is getting around better with his foot issues.

Today is a grand and glorious day weather-wise. Lots of sunshine, a breeze, and moderate temps. Snow is in the forecast for late tomorrow and into Saturday which has some people tense. Not I, however!!! I love the snow and can't wait to see it!

Frugal efforts have been very good. The fridge is pretty empty with us having consumed the left-overs. Now we are tackling the freezer and that is looking pretty good, too.

I finally got my truck back from being repaired after that crazy woman backed into it. Several weeks and over $4,000 later, all is well with that. I had to raise my voice to the insurance company what was involved but that's ok. Someone has to keep those folks on the straight and narrow!!!

Gasoline consumption is way, way down now that Daddy has passed away and I'm not going to his facility every day.

Grocery shopping has been just for fresh veggies so that, too, is good.
That's about all I have to offer right now. Take care of yourselves and stay alert of your surroundings.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello to All of the Frugals!!!

Snow is still in the forecast with up to 6" depending upon which end of the winter storm you're on. It's sunny and bright outdoors now so I will rejoice when the snow actually gets here.

We went to purchase our Easter ham this morning. There was a good sale on that and also on eggs so got a few dozen. I really dislike going to the food store but it has to be done occasionally. Shopping frugally isn't difficult but by the time I finish reading labels, comparing prices, etc., I'm usually pooped!!!

No news - just checking in. Wishing you all safe and well.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

LOL. I know what you mean about reading labels and being pooped.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

(whispering) it didn't snow. (yelling) AT ALL...

It's sunny and bright which is always appreciated but my hopes were dashed. The weather folks were so sure of the snow storm that our son-in-law (the one who lives locally) actually put his plow back on his truck so he'd be ready in an instant if he were to be called. Phooey.

Hubby's birthday will be here on Tuesday, so our older daughter and family took us out for supper today. Very nice. Good food and great conversation.

Frugally, no spending for us today. YAY!!! See you all tomorrow. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout