Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Carleen »

Greetings!!!

We finally got out of the storm mode but now we're under a heat advisory including high humidity. Mid-90s from now until the end of the weekend. Blick!!!

We went to breakfast this morning and we had a nice time just talking. When Hubby was working, he traveled a great deal and I handled everything that needed to be handled so he could rest when he returned. We'd basically talk about whatever the current kid crisis was. Now we are out of kids at home, etc., and we can talk about world events, etc... Simply grand!!!

No other spending today. We'll have to make a mercy run to the food store tomorrow or the next day but that's all. Yay!

Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy!!!

We're still under an excessive heat warning along with a pollen alert. Temps are having at 95F, high humidity and not much of a breeze. Very oppressive!!!

No spending today which is a good thing. We don't want to go out into the horrible air.

I cleaned out Daddy's desk yesterday and found his high school diploma from 1936 and some newspaper clippings from when he won awards for designing machinery. He was a mechanical engineer and always said he was an "inventor". It was quite a memory journey just sitting there and looking at all his treasures!!!

No real news. Just wanted to check in. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

More storms last night - very intense and poor Willow spent the night in the linen closet but came out of there this morning when the sun came out.

Another scorcher today but at least it's not raining as we are still under a flood warning because of streams overflowing. The corn crops that surround us are just as happy as can be!!! Lots of standing water but most of the crops are doing very well because of the heat and humidity. Soybean crops are not as happy as they cannot stand in water for more than a few hours as the corn plants can manage a couple of days.

No unplanned spending today which is a good thing. Just checking in to say hello. We will be away for two weeks starting tomorrow (the 6th). Our housekeeper is not computer savvy so basically I'll beef the grid. I'll post when we return. Stay safe. Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

We returned last evening from our two week river cruise in Russia. Moscow to St. Petersburg. Very nice. Lots to catch up on so I'll be zooming in and out of here for several days.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Welcome back
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

If you had mentioned ahead of time where you were going, I would have suggested watching the following 3-episode BBC series, Empire of the Tsars. You might still be interested. I watched on Netflix but I think it is on YouTube, also.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5459618/