Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Carleen »

Happy Monday All!!!

Continuing on household maintenance today. Our "window guy" is coming this morning to repair three windows that have compromised seals and are foggy. Can we say $$$ ???

Nest week the AC/furnace guy will come to service those items. No, you're not allowed to say $$$ again... All of this sort of stuff needs to be done and are covered in the budget. I just hate spending so much on things I can't see!!!

No other spending today. jeesh... Thunder is rumbling and Willow is in the linen closet again.

Gotta go. See you all later on. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I really relate to all that spending, but on necessary things. I won't say.....you know what.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

Our granddaughter spent a couple of days with us - school has not started yet and camp for young teens is finished. Makes it difficult with two working parents so we fill in when needed. We were trying to find a place we three could visit for a day-trip. Decided on Amish Acres in Indiana and it was a good choice. Nearly three hours away for us but with good weather we were fine. Sunshine and a light breeze made things perfect. We all had a very good time.

Granddaughter was allowed to pick out one thing she'd like as a souvenir of our day which she did. We purchased a couple pieces of homemade fudge for her dad and a jar of apple butter for their little family. We ate at the restaurant there - it was a typical noon meal in Amish country and was wonderful. Toured some of the old original buildings from when the area was first settled by the Amish. We went on a buggy ride and a wagon ride so not all of the day was spent walking! We had a spectacular (but pricey) day and we went home with wonderful memories of a day spent with our granddaughter. She said she had a great time. She's at a "funny" age (13) so one never knows what will be cool or not....!!!! I guess we passed the grandparent's test!!!

No other news from me. I just boiled some eggs for deviled eggs to take to a picnic tomorrow. Hoping for continued great weather!

Take care and stay safe. Today and tomorrow will be no-spend days. Yay! Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Carleen wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:01 pm Hello, Everyone!!!

Our granddaughter spent a couple of days with us - school has not started yet and camp for young teens is finished. Makes it difficult with two working parents so we fill in when needed. We were trying to find a place we three could visit for a day-trip. Decided on Amish Acres in Indiana and it was a good choice. Nearly three hours away for us but with good weather we were fine. Sunshine and a light breeze made things perfect. We all had a very good time.

Granddaughter was allowed to pick out one thing she'd like as a souvenir of our day which she did. We purchased a couple pieces of homemade fudge for her dad and a jar of apple butter for their little family. We ate at the restaurant there - it was a typical noon meal in Amish country and was wonderful. Toured some of the old original buildings from when the area was first settled by the Amish. We went on a buggy ride and a wagon ride so not all of the day was spent walking! We had a spectacular (but pricey) day and we went home with wonderful memories of a day spent with our granddaughter. She said she had a great time. She's at a "funny" age (13) so one never knows what will be cool or not....!!!! I guess we passed the grandparent's test!!!

No other news from me. I just boiled some eggs for deviled eggs to take to a picnic tomorrow. Hoping for continued great weather!

Take care and stay safe. Today and tomorrow will be no-spend days. Yay! Bye for now.
Sounds like a lot of fun. When I went to school in Kentucky one year, one of my favorite places to visit was the Shaker Village. We called it Shakertown. Not exactly Amish but in a way similar. To me spending money at an outing like you did with your granddaughter is well, well worth it.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings to One and All!!!

We went to our daughter's house for a picnic yesterday. The weekend was a village-wide celebration with all sorts of entertainment and a big parade. The parade route goes right pass her house so we had front-row seats!!! So we spent time at her house with great food and lots of their friends and kids. My deviled eggs were a real hit. The weather was perfect although a bit warm. NOT complaining, though!!!

I have to go to our credit union to deposit a couple of checks but no spending. Just tidying up the house - lots of newspapers and junk mail to get away from the floor by my chair.

I wish everyone a very good day, both frugally and personally. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Parades are great. So glad you got a front row seat.