Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone. I'm Carleen in Northern Illinois. I've been retired for about 15 years now and loving it!!! Hubby just retired on the second of last month and he's acclamating to the changes fairly well. I'm not used to his being around so much as he did a lot of world traveling for his work. I, too, am adjusting!!!

My goals for this year include continuing to lose weight with exercising and low-carbing, along with continuing to live frugally as is practical for us at this time in our lives. I do find it difficult to splurge on expenditures but I hasten to add that our budgeting for a zillion years has really paid off big-time. We are now able to travel and do some of the things that we've been looking forward to for many years!!!

I'd like to lose about 10 pounds to get to my personal goal and this is wonderful!!! And living frugally is easy - second nature now. I'm always sure to consolidate my errands - if I'm heading north, then my lists of stops is made for stores on that route. Same if I'm heading south. Saving gas is a big in this area.

I'll post more info about me in later posts. I'm just starting to get into this journal groove! See you all later.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Dgflorida

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Dgflorida »

We low carb as well. We are close to goal weight. I also design by shopping list by direction. I have east, south and occasionally north.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

It's a chilly day here in corn country but the sun is shining like crazy!! Temp is 7F and breezy.

Roasted a turkey yesterday and had that for supper. Purchased that at Christmastime when they were on sale and this one is an "extra"one. Sandwiches, casseroles, and soup are now on the menu. I'm not a huge fan of turkey but it's great for low-barbers!!!

Willow, our rescue cat, is soooo cool!!! No one wanted her because she is not a pedigree cat but she is totally beautiful. She is half rag doll and half siamese, and is a snowshoe (four white feet). Truly beautiful.

A ditzy woman backed into my truck in December so I'm working on getting the repairs done. Appears that it can be done at the middle of this month so that's a good thing. Over $3,000 of damage. She said that she didn't see my truck and didn't hear my horn blowing. If she is so blind and deaf, she should not be driving in the first place. jeesh...It was in a parking lot so no place to go to get out of her way.

That's about it from me for now. It will be a no-spend day - just catching up on some small chores that are calling my name! Bye for now. Stay safe and be kind even if some people don't seem to deserve it.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy - Just checking in for a moment. I had to go have routine labs drawn early this morning. I got there at exactly 8AM when they open and there were 16 people already lined up shivering in the cold! jeesh... Anyway, that meant that I had to wait quite a while once the doors opened. Oh, well -

We're doing well with low-caring. We had gotten sloppy about that and we decided to get back down to basics. We have come too far to lose control. (Hubby lost 90+ and I lost 60# so NO treats, etc., for us!!!)

Another no-spend day for us. We're stocked up with what we need for a few more days. We'll have to go get fresh veggies eventually, though.

That's it for me - yes, I know that was a truly boring post but at least I'm here! Bye for now. Stay safe and smile even if you don't want to.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Carleen, I hope that you are doing OK without your daily visits to your dad. It is a big adjustment I know.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

We are low carb eating as well. We started after chubby hubs ended up in the ER and 4 days in the hospital. There he learned that he was diabetic. He had been told he was and put on medication, but didn't believe them. Daily shots to the gut made him a believer. Low carb is the best diet for diabetics. He has lost 60-70 pounds. Me, 10-15. I am perhaps not best for this diet. I am losing a lot of hair. Multi vitamins are not enough.