Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Carleen »

Good glucose numbers: I have Dawn Phenomenon where my AM fasting number is always the highest of my day. So a good morning number for me is around 100 - 130. When I test before bedtime good numbers for me are about 90. I will have a small snack when below 100 so I can get through the night without any problems.

My doctor is pleased with this and I am, too.

We're having a warm spell here - highs in the 40s and snow is melting away. Phooey!!! It will take quite some time to all go away but rain (yes, rain) will hasten the process.

We are currently under a dense fog advisory and visibility is nil. Very spooky-looking outdoors.

Saw this someplace and liked it: A new year, like a new snow, seems to hold its breath waiting for footprints.

Stay safe. See you all later.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Congrats on your good numbers. Hubs stays in the 90's daily. Still his first trip to the foot doctor reveals damage from diabetes. Take care of yourself.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy to All Who Venture Here!

Did our laundry yesterday and got the undies folded and put away this morning. There are several household things that I cannot do, but laundry is doable and I love it! Never thought I'd truly love doing laundry!!! My housekeeper can't understand this but rolls with the flow! She says she finds enough "filth" to keep her busy - ha, ha. ha!!! She's already obsessing about Spring Cleaning... :roll: jeesh...

Temps are in the mid-20s and supposed to go up to 40F. We had some snow overnight and it was just enough make everything look clean and bright. Boo Hiss on melting...

No news - I like checking in here. It helps me keep accountable with eating and exercising. See you all later. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Doing what you can is important. I am glad you have a journal and I do venture here.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!
Not much going on around here. Our granddaughter (the one who lives locally) spent the day with us yesterday as there was no school for Presidents' Day. We had to take my truck in for its repair finally... A woman (read that to say "Idiot woman") backed into me in a parking lot. Her insurance didn't want to pay for the damages because they felt I did not take evasive action. I guess I could have driven over the concrete barrier, cross a sidewalk, drive across the grass and into the building.... OK... Anyway, our insurance is paying and then they will go after hers. Over $4,000 USD. Repairs will take two weeks and its a good thing Hubby is now retired otherwise I'd be grounded.

After we dropped off the truck, we went to breakfast which is always a treat. She has always been a good kid and will turn 13 next month.

We have had torrential rain and is going to last another couple of days. Flood Advisories abound. This is flat land with only a few hundred feet elevation so water doesn't have much in the way of flowing to the sea! Small streams overflow their banks quickly.

No spending today. yay. See you all later. I saw this on a t-shirt. I had to actually ask the person to stop and stay still so I could read it all!!! "Sometimes you just have to shut your mouth and walk away because it isn't worth the assault charge."
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yep. Hubs tried to endure his childhood friends by saying nothing when they made outrageous comments.