Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Dgflorida »

Wow. Fear of starving and "fear" of sweating? Lots of rules in her life.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hi, DG

She's a little weird about lots of things but she has the most beautiful flowerbeds. She does all the work herself. Credit where credit's due, I guess! I'm just glad I don't have to live with her!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!

Yesterday was a little spendy in that I had to order my new lenses for my glasses. No real savings with that since I wear trifocals. Also needed new frames since my current ones are several years old and beginning to look "old". We have vision insurance but the percentages of savings are small. I had to do it, though. Seeing is always a good thing!!!

It's a sunny day today and Willow is not in her linen closet. I'm glad for that! Poor baby!!!

Today I picked up a prescription of mine that was waiting for me. Not a lot of money but necessary. No impulse buying - came right home!!! I really, really need a no-spend day! Bye for now. See you all later. Stay safe and frugal.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Hope you get your no spend day soon.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

Yesterday, I finally got my no-spend day!!! Yay, me!

Another hot and muggy day here. We're under some advisories regarding temps and air quality. Temps will be around 95F and high humidity. Heat indices will be around 109. Very not nice! I went outdoors to pick up the newspaper in the driveway much earlier and the air was already oppressive. Blick!!!

The person is coming this morning to do a yearly service of our whole-house generator. So today will not be a no-spend day but budgeted for. The guy who is going to repair our three windows called to say he'll be here next week (Tuesday) so that is wonderful. The furnace guy will call when he has the two switches for our furnace so all is well there. It's a very good thing I keep an appointment book - otherwise I'd never remember who, what, where, when, and why!!! jeesh...

Guess I'd better get moving. I need to fold the underwear, towels, etc., that I washed yesterday. Then I can sit with the newspaper or book and relax for a bit. I always like to "recharge" before moving on to other tasks. I know that's a psychological thing with me but I function better when I actually plan a break. Probably comes from all the years of working full-time. I always took a coffee break mid-morning so I'm continuing that practice.

Bye for now. Stay safe and enjoy being frugal.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

Today I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion. I had my knee replacement surgery 14 months ago and I'm still in great pain and weakness in that knee. My original surgeon said I "damaged" the knee. How I could have possibly done that, no one knows. Just that it's my fault....

This new guy said that the pain could be from my lower back sending radiating pain to that leg (not necessarily my knee). I had some x-rays 8-9 years ago that showed narrowing of several vertebra so he wants an MRI to see if that's gotten worse. He made it clear that he did not see any damage to the new knee. I plan to have the MRI after Labor Day weekend and have made an appointment.

I'm going to discuss this with Hubby to get his take on the whole thing. He said that when he was diagnosed with spinal stenosis he had had pain in his calves and shins. So this guy's theory could be right.

All I know is that I have followed instructions perfectly and I will never believe that I did anything to damage my new knee. jeesh.....

Gotta go now. Wishing everyone a good day.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout