Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone

Thanks, DGF!!!

I finished up our bedroom as I had piled a few things in a corner to deal with "later". "Later" came!!! Yay!!!

We had another round of storms last night with more to come this evening. Poor Willow!!! She spent yet another night in the linen closet.

No random spending today - we'll purchase kitty litter as I have a coupon for Petco ($5) and that's it for today. Not bad.

Well, it's off to Petco and then work on my shopping list for food, menus, and coupons. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

No real news - just checking in. We purchased the kitty litter (coupon) yesterday. Food coupons are clipped and there weren't many that pertain to my needs/wants. But a couple of dollars in my pocket are better than a couple of dollars in the food store's pocket!!! So, since nothing is vitally important to purchase right away, we'll wait for a couple of days to chase those items down. We shop sales and coupon deals and then adjust the menus to coincide. Takes a bit of time but that's just fine with me!

Willow about had a momentary heart stoppage yesterday. When she finally came out of the linen closet and sat on a chair in the den, she heard something and looked up toward the skylights. It was a bird walking across one of them and its feet made sort of a scratching sound. Cat was trying to figure out how to get that bird. But since the ceilings in that part of the house are about 15 feet high, she couldn't quite figure it out! Thanks goodness for that!!! I heard that cats are supposed to be a calming influence - that person must have had a very calm cat!!! Not our Willow!!!

Bye for now. Stay safe and keep a song in your heart.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Happy Summer to Everyone!!!

We had yet another round of thunderstorms last night and it is still raining this afternoon. All sorts of flooding warnings, air quality advisory, pollen advisory and humidity information as it can be dangerous to those who have respiratory issues. Good grief!!!

Willow is now sitting in the bathroom near the linen closet door. I guess she's saving the closet for more thunder! She's a very beautiful cat but certainly not very brave when thunder comes!

No spending today - yay. Earlier today, I had my one-year follow-up visit with my orthopedic surgeon for my total knee replacement last June. It was an OK visit - he's not very gushy. But he did say and I need to strengthen my right quad as it is not as strong as the left one. The exercises he gave me should help my feeling of weakness in the knee. I'll give it a go and if things don't improve then I'll need to do some physical therapy. There is a bit of calcification that showed up on today's x-rays and that's the reason for the discomfort I've been experiencing.

Off to throw the sheets and pillow cases into the washer. Bye for now. Stay safe and don't forget to smile (even a very tiny smile will help!!!).
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello and Happy Friday, Everyone!!!

Time to build an ark - We have had over 6" of rain in two days. More to come tonight but tomorrow is supposed to be dryer. Yay for that. Plant leaves are so heavy with rain that many of them are lying down. Look sad. We're under a flood advisory, poor air quality advisory, pollen alert, and I'm not sure just what else we're supposed to worry about.

Hubby sorted out some odd clothing that he doesn't think he will ever wear again. So I got another big bag filled and into the back of my truck. I'm hoping to deliver those bags to a charity thrift shop this coming week. If we croak from any of the warnings, etc., at least the house will be tidy...

The house will look good in spite of itself!!! Sometimes I think paper statements, miscellaneous knick-knacks, etc., multiply in the dark!!!

That's about it from me today. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

YAY - the sun is shining!!! We've had so much rain that flood warnings are still posted. Pollen count is down, though!

As I posted in today's starting page, yesterday was our 51st wedding anniversary. Wow - That's truly a lifetime! We went to the Jurassic World movie and then to supper. We had a super time, just relaxing, talking about our great grandchild that's due in January, and all sorts of remembrances about our wedding and past years gone by. Very nice!!!

Frugal-wise, we'll go to the pharmacy as we have some prescriptions waiting to be picked up (routine meds). Also a very short list of items to look for and that's all. Laundry is started which is a good thing.

See you all later. Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

Not a lot of news today so basically I'm just checking in.
Yesterday we took all the bags of clothing to the local charity and they were very glad to see them. Made me feel good about that.

There is just one small box of books to donate to our local library so that can wait for a bit until I find more to go with them.

No spending today. We usually go out for breakfast on Wednesdays but Hubby had things to do so we're going to go tomorrow. OK with me - as long as we actually go. I love going out for breakfast!!! It's one of the few splurges we do now that we're both retired.

Bye for now. Stay safe - there are lot of dangerous people roaming around loose.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout