Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2019...

Post by Carleen »

Third Atempt…

I had my MRI this morning. My second-opinion doctor thinks the pain in my knee is from referred pain from my lower back. I had an MRI several years ago that showed a compression in some vertebrae so he wanted to see if that has gotten worse. He said he’ll contact me after he has seen the results.

He briefly discussed options for care. #1 Surgery. #2 Intense physical therapy. #3 Medication. Hubby has spinal stenosis and takes a medication before bed each night. He is pain-free now. I can honestly say that two of the “options” are NOT going to happen. I have had physical therapy for everything from my neck to my feet and I’m not up for that torture!!!

My new recliner will be delivered on Monday. I searched for nearly a year for a new one as my current chair is circling the drain! Most of the new ones have too much stuff on them – vibration, heat, etc. This one has only a lift mechanism and has zero clearance from the wall. YAY!!! Can’t wait!

No other news here. Wishing everyone a good frugal day. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Second Attempt...

Howdy, Everyone!!!

My new recliner is here but it is still in the garage in the HUGE box with staples and straps. It's stay there until Hubby returns from his business trip but I'll get it unboxed as much as I can it will be ready for him.

No results on my MRI yet. Some doctors are speedy but this one is a bit on the slow side. I'll call him if the results don't show up in a day or two.

Gotta go now. Some things waiting to be accomplished. Tomorrow I'll go get my lenses/frames as they called and said they are ready to go.

Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Second Attempt...

Greetings, Everyone!!!

I picked up my new lenses/frames this mornings and they are going to take a bit of time to get used to. I guess they're OK, though. I had reused my old frames several times and I was just tired of them. I needed an updated look. My sunglasses will be ready in a couple of days and I'll go back for those.

I managed to remove a lot of packing in the box with my new recliner - just enough to see that I chose a really good color. It's a real brown (milk chocolate) with no hint of orange or red in it. There is a lot of color in that room and adding more would just confuse things.

Still no news on my MRI - phooey...

See you all later. Stay safe and have a great frugal day.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy!!!

I'm up a bit early for me (6:15 AM). I heard Willow being sick so I quickly got dressed and checked on her. She had brought up a hair ball. So nothing serious other than just cleaning it up. So, since I was awake and actually up, I started my day. Hubby has been away this week for his work but will be home late today. Yes, he's retired but he does consulting work and is really enjoying it! He has always loved his work so this is good for him.

No news here - basically checking in. Stay safe, everyone. The weather is not for wimps!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

My new recliner is in its home and it's super!!! It's very heavy so our son-in-law came over and helped get it in from the garage. No small chore but done!!! It's comfy and is powered so I don't have to wrestle with anything. YAY!!!

We're going to make a quick trip to the food store for a few essentials. Otherwise no spending today.

Grand and glorious weather and wishing the same for all those fighting with Florence. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

No real news here, I guess. That's just fine and dandy with me! Sometimes no news and good news!!!

I have a couple of errands to do and a also a quick stop at the food store for low-carb yogurt. For those people who are low-carbers and miss yogurt here's something for you: Kroger and one of its subsidiaries Food-4-Less carries Carb-Master yogurt and it is wonderful at 5g of carbohydrates per container. We have the Food-4-Less stores here and we're happy campers. Cost? Right around fifty cents per container and sometimes less. Yahoo!!! And: The peach and strawberry variety have pieces of peaches and strawberries!!!

Gotta go get busy. See you all later. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout