DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Saturday

Still working on the porch blinds. Just 2 blinds to do. Then clean up the porch. If weather looks good, paint.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Monday

Painted the front door yesterday. It didn't use much paint. I plan to paint the rain gutters that I will put up in the front the door color and a couple of other things in the front. A gallon should be enough.

Did some shopping and got a good deal on cucumbers. Yum. Using my cloth wipes. I like them.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Tuesday

Talked to the ac people yesterday about a new system. I don't plan it for this year, but I wanted to know what my choices were. I have a small house and need a small unit.

I have several pretty winter quilt comforters. I don't need them really. But I don't want to give them away. I have decided to make one into a wall hanging. By using clips, I won't harm the actual quilt.

I plan to make a few phone calls today. I plan to check on my Home Depot rebates today and also call the pharmacy about my thyroid medication refills.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wednesday

Painting hurricane ply boards is coming slowly. Slow drying. I hope to finish them today. Work on the cleaning up the porch. Water plants. See doctor.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thursday

I had hoped to complete a lot of errands, but it didn't work out as I hoped. I wanted to just drop him off, but Hubs wanted me to go into the eye doctor's with him and fill out the paperwork. I did get to save alot. I put the chicken away and then hubs called. I hoped to take him to Walmart for his new glasses, but the optometrist said glasses would be a waste of money. He needs cataract surgery. Bummer. So we came straight home.

Well, home for the day and maybe a few more days since I have food for awhile and several projects.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Friday

I hope the plywood shutters are dry and I can store them. The outside heat is oppressive and I am just keeping up with watering, nothing more outside. I am considering getting out the circular saw and cutting the peg board that I salvaged from the shed months ago. Also cutting my decorative shutters for the front windows if I get out the saw. Feeling pretty strong this morning. Hope it lasts.