DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:43 am

Friday

I need to start using up my gift cards. I am not sure why it seems so difficult to use them. Thinking on that.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:51 am

Saturday

I roasted a turkey breast last night and it is mostly gone. Had thought about chicken tonight, but I have some leftovers and I feel I need to use them up. So leftover turkey, beans, cauliflower with ground beef and sliced hatch peppers. It might work. An experiment.

I feel like I need to have a discussion with myself regarding priorities. I just don't seem to be making the kind of progress I expect from myself. Work on that.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:34 am

Sunday

I began to have that priorities discussion with myself. I have been shocked by not needing the thyroid medication anymore. Once on medication, always on medication. But I don't feel the need for it. In fact, it makes me irritated. I also have decided to add yoga to my morning as stretches I can do in bed. Let's see if I can make it a habit.

I have decided that I need to buy a string trimmer. So I will look around.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:17 am

Monday

I checked out the string trimmers at Home Depot while I was there getting the wood to build the culvert barrier. I asked hubs if he could find a better deal online. Nope. So today when I drop over there to get the wood for the other side of the culvert, I will buy the string trimmer. I may use a gift card.

Today, Kitty gets her nails trimmed and I use up a gift card.

I woke up early with a hand that had fallen asleep. I had a lot of trouble getting it normal. So I was up early. Bummer.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:23 am

Tuesday

Today starts our 2 day anniversary celebration. We had an official today and traveled to hubs home state and had another. I bought and we drank beer last night. It was good. It is not keto, but I am ok with it as long as I go back on keto the next day.

Today, I plan to build the other side of the culvert barrier. Do it first thing this morning while it is cool. I still have a tad of a sore throat. Feels like allergies.

Tonight, we will have chicken breast with vegetables. Back in the fold again.

This afternoon, I plan to work on the south fence line again.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 am

Dgflorida wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:23 am
Tuesday

Today starts our 2 day anniversary celebration. We had an official today and traveled to hubs home state and had another. I bought and we drank beer last night. It was good. It is not keto, but I am ok with it as long as I go back on keto the next day.

Today, I plan to build the other side of the culvert barrier. Do it first thing this morning while it is cool. I still have a tad of a sore throat. Feels like allergies.

Tonight, we will have chicken breast with vegetables. Back in the fold again.

This afternoon, I plan to work on the south fence line again.
Happy anniversary. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama