DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
mona50

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by mona50 »

Not "poison" - TRUTH!!!
mona50

Post by mona50 »

I have to ask - why do you eat meat if not for the nutritional value?
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

If I recall the post correctly, I figured it was the micronutrients that can be lost through re-freezing meat. B vitamins seem to be damaged by freezing. In many cases, the meat has already been frozen once or twice and then thawed or partly thawed at the store. A USDA expert said the nutritional value of meat was not affected by freezing. My big concern was that it would be unsafe to eat. If it gets to room temperature, yes, it is unsafe. But refrigerator cold seems to be ok. I wish the information was clearer, so I really appreciated the input. There is a thought that it may not be as tasty if frozen, thawed and refrozen. If buying in bulk which is frugal sometimes, freezing is the only practical choice.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Monday pm.

Hubs did not need the procedure at this time. Hooray. I got the car cover and wandered around Lowe's while waiting for hubs pick up call. I found the perfect backsplash for my new kitchen. I wrote down the name of it, so I can get it once my new cabinets are in place. I will have the handyman do it. Happy day.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Wow - the sheer amount of hate and POISON that is being spread on this forum. I didn't know that the rules and regulations permitted such stuff.

I was so happy that one of those spreaders of such crap was going to leave. I hope she does that as well as another one that has suddenly shown up.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Please everyone remember the purpose of the forum--a friendly place for sharing frugal ideas. :(