DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Thanks for the support Janet. I seem built for hard work. When I don't get enough physical work, I sleep poorly and have leg cramps. Of course, I have been on the other side, sick from Thyroid disease, so I sympathize with those who can't from personal experience. My thoughts are with you and hopes that your situation gets better.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:36 am Thanks for the support Janet. I seem built for hard work. When I don't get enough physical work, I sleep poorly and have leg cramps. Of course, I have been on the other side, sick from Thyroid disease, so I sympathize with those who can't from personal experience. My thoughts are with you and hopes that your situation gets better.
Thanks.. I will still be coming up at least $85.00 less per month next year even with the COLA. However I am grateful that my medicaid was re-instated. I did pay out of pocket for some medical services in Oct since my medicaid stopped the end of Sept but will be re-instated starting Nov 1st. I feel compared to so many others around the world and in the hurricane affected areas I have nothing to complain about and I am blessed to have what I do have. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wednesday

I am working on multiple projects right now. Yesterday, I used the leaf blower and then swept the back awning area and the front. Well, one thing led to another and I cleared and rearranged things in the front. I tried out this idea and that. I want to reuse the broken concrete grid that I saved from the driveway. It is a lovely lattice design, but it is concrete and heavy. So moving things here and there was tiring with the heat index over 100F. I do get hot although I feel melty is a better description. As far as the eye can see, I am the only fool out there in the heat. Oh well, as long as I can take breaks and sit in front of the fan awhile, I am good. And of course, drink water. I love our well water. It is so good. If I sweat a lot, I take a salt tablet. Old doctor said I leach more salt than most and prescribed salt tablets.

Today, I don't have to run errands and I hope to make more progress on everything.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Your grateful attitude is wonderful. And I agree, as bad as it seems for us, many have it worse. As long as we hold to that attitude, life is good.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:57 am Wednesday

I am working on multiple projects right now. Yesterday, I used the leaf blower and then swept the back awning area and the front. Well, one thing led to another and I cleared and rearranged things in the front. I tried out this idea and that. I want to reuse the broken concrete grid that I saved from the driveway. It is a lovely lattice design, but it is concrete and heavy. So moving things here and there was tiring with the heat index over 100F. I do get hot although I feel melty is a better description. As far as the eye can see, I am the only fool out there in the heat. Oh well, as long as I can take breaks and sit in front of the fan awhile, I am good. And of course, drink water. I love our well water. It is so good. If I sweat a lot, I take a salt tablet. Old doctor said I leach more salt than most and prescribed salt tablets.

Today, I don't have to run errands and I hope to make more progress on everything.
Do you have a hand truck? I moved the heavy terracotta pots off of my deck in to my garage using one and it was so easy. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I do have a hand truck. And you are right, it really can help over distance. I use it to tote the garbage cans full of weeds and tree limbs to the front. It is so much easier to use. Good idea.