DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Thursday

No required travel, so I can pick a task and work away at it outside. Trash pickup day. Some choices: dig on the ditch and culvert area, weed eat in the back. Also mow in the back, build a new garden bed next to the awning area, work on the paver patio, paint.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Friday

Off yesterdays list, I decided on dig on the culvert ditch in the early am and late pm and paint in the mid day. Going all day. Felt great.

Today, I am going to select, build a new garden area and paint. Maybe a little in the ditch too. But if the pest people come this morning as they may be scheduled, that will change my plans. Stay inside and clean house a bit.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Saturday

Well, yesterday did not go as planned. I told my neighbor I would go with her to the CBD store since she seemed afraid to go alone. She called and we went. She was very nervous. And while I was calm on the outside, her nervousness did bother me. I was anxious and not focused when I got home. I worked on simple inside tasks most of the day to calm down.

Today, I need to go to the store. Leaving as soon as I finish this. Get eggs and mushrooms. When I get home, put on work clothes and go get dirty with outside chores.

I did prepare the cardboard for the new concrete block garden. So that will be my focus today. Later work on the ditch when it is in the shade.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sunday morning

Well, we have eggs and mushrooms and a score of cheap dry beans, smoked turkey tails and discount beef. The last roll of ground beef is thawed and Mexican style tonight with the beans. Life is good and abundant.

Today, I hope to get a couple of things on the list done. These are things I have no enthusiasm for. The yearly fecal sample for the doctor, the voting ballot and the loud neighbor who wants my help with her ballot. This year, I am not look forward to voting. There is so much mud slinging and ugliness. Our ballot is so full of poorly worded ballot issues. Then there is my neighbor who asked my opinion and will argue with me about it. That is a real downer.

One more week before I travel. What do I need done to make it easy on hubs? Thinking on that.

Yesterday, I got several compliments. One was from a guy in the grocery store. I heard him say waltz to one of lady workers there, a widow who always looks sad. I asked him where he goes to dance. I said he doesn't anymore, so doesn't know of a close place. He then asked if I dance. I said I did. He said you look like a dancer. I thanked him. Later, I was loading up concrete blocks into my car trunk and a worker there that I know passed by. He asked if I needed help. I said no thanks. Just concrete blocks. He nodded and said, yep you have the muscles for it. A nice compliment to say to an old woman like me. I came home and admired myself in the mirror for a few moments. Life is good.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:02 am Sunday morning

Well, we have eggs and mushrooms and a score of cheap dry beans, smoked turkey tails and discount beef. The last roll of ground beef is thawed and Mexican style tonight with the beans. Life is good and abundant.

Today, I hope to get a couple of things on the list done. These are things I have no enthusiasm for. The yearly fecal sample for the doctor, the voting ballot and the loud neighbor who wants my help with her ballot. This year, I am not look forward to voting. There is so much mud slinging and ugliness. Our ballot is so full of poorly worded ballot issues. Then there is my neighbor who asked my opinion and will argue with me about it. That is a real downer.

One more week before I travel. What do I need done to make it easy on hubs? Thinking on that.

Yesterday, I got several compliments. One was from a guy in the grocery store. I heard him say waltz to one of lady workers there, a widow who always looks sad. I asked him where he goes to dance. I said he doesn't anymore, so doesn't know of a close place. He then asked if I dance. I said I did. He said you look like a dancer. I thanked him. Later, I was loading up concrete blocks into my car trunk and a worker there that I know passed by. He asked if I needed help. I said no thanks. Just concrete blocks. He nodded and said, yep you have the muscles for it. A nice compliment to say to an old woman like me. I came home and admired myself in the mirror for a few moments. Life is good.
Dg glad you are seeing and receiving some positive reinforcement. Life is good. I saw this in a lot of my patients who should have been devastated by their circumstances but chose the high road. They have always been an inspiration.. Good for you to choose the high road.

My Mom was like your neighbor she would ask my opinion and then argue with me about it. I finally tell her and others that wanted my opinion and were known to argue about it.... It is your life and your decision. I have no opinion. Now if a person is really is looking for an opinion and open to suggestions that is different. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Janet, I know what you mean. However, I try to accommodate my neighbors when I can. This woman just has an aggressive personality. She is Iranian by birth, speaks 3 languages, but has not mastered the fine art of cooperating with others. She is a widow and that makes her more needy. She learned English from her military husband and that makes her language spicy, so to speak.