DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Friday evening

I stored the dry plywood and measured the pegboard, but it is raining and oppressively hot. So I will plan on cutting it in the morning when it is cooler. I did cook down a package of chicken thighs. I pulled the meat off the chicken for hubs lunch salad. Also we will have chicken stir fry for dinner. I have another package which I will get out next week when hubs has used up the chicken meat and we are ready for another round of chicken stir fry. I also put more hooks up under the shelf in the utility room.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Monday

Up early thanks to a storm. When I heard the storm, I checked online and a live feed said many were losing power, so I made coffee. So now I've lost an hour of sleep.

Yesterday, I painted the pegboard that I cut on Saturday. Used up a quart of paint. Ran the last of the errands and got salt for the softener.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Tuesday

Got a load of wash done and on the line. Decided that the last pegboard would go in the kitchen. It has a coat of paint on it, but it was not a good coverage because I ran out of paint. I don't want that color in my kitchen anyways. So now what color do I want.

Not a lot has gotten done today. Another poor night of sleeping. I hope for a better one tonight.

Organizing continues.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wednesday

Good night's sleep. I am ready to work. Daily morning walk was cancelled due to rain. Now it is clear. New coffee pot is working fine. On sale at Winn-dixie. Was cheaper than anywhere else including Amazon and Walmart.

Got a load of wash done yesterday. Rain passed to the north and south of us. But the cool breeze from the outflow boundaries was on us. Sweet. So besides the laundry, I was able to do a little outside. Then the mosquitoes arrived.

I have several projects going which I may try to finish today. Peg board in the work room and in the utility room. And paint the peg board for the kitchen. Cut the wood for the mini shutters for the front windows. They will be painted to match the door.

Humidity and rain will affect the chore choices.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thursday

Not as productive as I would have liked. I am rethinking the size of the kitchen pegboard. So nothing on that. I did move a lot of tools to the work room pegboard and organize some. A little frustrating to have so much leftover from projects. Need 4 and the only package is 8. A lot of that.

I did start clearing the tool cart. A lot of junk on it.

Today, get the lab tests out of the way is the biggie. Hope for a dry spell to do more cutting with the saw on the porch. It rained a lot yesterday.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sunday

I plan to have a productive day. Hubs has agreed to take a short walk. And I want to work on organizing inside the house in the afternoon heat. And maybe do a bit of grass mowing if the weather allows.