DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Monday

I still don't have the freezer. I have 2 hand carts for transporting. Both have a bad wheel. Frustrating. I bought one yesterday. I hope to get the freezer soon. :roll:

This weekend just disappeared. The last painter never showed up, so today I need to call a few more in order to get the 3 bids.

It is hot here. The night time stays warm and the house never cools off. The ac is set at 83F and it is 83F all night. I have to up my outside game a bit. The yard is getting ahead of me. I must get some mowing done.

This weekend I saved money. I used my HD coupon and saved. I bought eggs on sale. And I got most of a gallon of black metal paint for the opps cost of $2.50. It should be enough to paint the metal columns in front.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Monday evening

I got a lot of work done outside today. I feel like I am back to myself. I worked outside most of the day. Stopped for lunch and water and to run to Petsmart to redeem a coupon for cat food. I'm going to eat dinner and stay inside for the rest of the evening. I hope tomorrow is just as successful.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Tuesday

I am up early. I went to bed early and slept well. I worked outside all day and had a good dinner. I also had meat jelly after dinner. And I find it helps me sleep. it is free and provides protein. It is what jello is derived from. I don't need the jello additives.

Today, my plan is to work in the yard this morning. That includes mowing some more grass and making a new compost bin. Then head out to get my next set of cat food for a savings and get more landscape timbers. Maybe hang several of the porch blinds if time and energy permits.

The new compost bin will be made of the old t111 sheets that the handyman took off the porch held in place with concrete blocks. I will need to work on that early before the sun gets too hot. I need to sweep the concrete pad where it will go. Big problem here with compost bins is that trees send their roots up through it and make it unusable. But sitting it on the concrete pad will eliminate that. Score for recycle.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wednesday

I got started on cleaning off the concrete pad. I had to wait until it was in the shade a bit. Gotta avoid the Florida summer sun. I gathered 2 trash cans of pine needles etc to put out tomorrow. Then the sun returned. So work on it today if I can.

I am annoyed that I left the stove on low last night. I am surprised that I did. I must have been really, really tired. I am moving a bit slower this morning. And need more coffee before doing anything.

Today, I will need a nap for sure. It would be good if I got a bit done first.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thursday

I stayed inside yesterday and did housework. Also shopped at Aldi and Petsmart. bought sale items at Aldi and used coupon at Petsmart. I decided I need new walking shoes. I am watching for a coupon. I also misplaced my favorite saw. So I will have to buy a new one because I have sawing to do.

Today the handyman drops by to replace a board, hopefully. And I have a doctor appointment. The cans of yard waste will be picked up as well. I plan to continue working on the concrete pad the rest of the day.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Friday

Yardwork continues.Watering is a must. I discussed tool sheds with the handyman.
Thinking on them.