DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Read about some upcycle projects. Most of them would not fit me, but a couple caught my attention. I hang most things out to dry after washing, but small items like socks, washcloths and underwear end up blown off the line by the west wind. I can clothes pin them if I have room on the line, but it is just as easy and less time consuming to hang them inside. A pull down drying rack might be good. Thinking on it.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thursday

It is hard to use up paper scraps as fast as they are created. Frustrating.I have now generated quite a few heavy plastic bags from the stones. I see them killing the weeds on the south side of the house. But that is a complicated project because I need to put stones(anti-termite protection) against the house, put a garden divider before putting down mulch. However, I have a new garden coupon and Lowe's has a certain garden edging on clearance. Double deal!!! Hubs is getting a laugh out of my interest in coupons. That is ok. Coupons make me happy.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:11 am Tuesday

Some pinterest stuff looks like an escapee from a junk yard.
You have the funniest comments sometimes.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it does!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that!
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I am still thinking about a laundry room rack. The one I saw on pinterest was not right for me. But the brain came up with a single rod that would swing out from the shelf over the washing machine. Swing back to the shelf when not in use. Yep and I have some door hinges from the extra door. Thinking.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I need to think about spice/herb containers. I want to get some from the bulk food place, but they didn't have small bags. I have a lot of small containers, empty medicine bottles. Is there any way to use them for this. They are the right size. Thinking.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sunday

I have been thinking about the style and design of the front of the house. I have a diamond cut front door now. Some call the style Orleans. I want the front windows to have movable shutters, but I don't like the traditional slat style. I wanted to go with the wood plank style, but it seemed a bit rough with an Orleans style cut glass door. I searched a bit and it turns out that this style can be mimicked in a window film. Which would allow me to continue the style to the adjacent side windows of the future picture window. On the shutters, I could add a wood trim mimicking the diamond style. Thinking on it.